CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2013 (Winners in 1st post - I'm bored...)

NBR predictions

BP American Hustle

BD Alfonso Cuaron

Actor Robert Redford

Actress Emma Thompson

Supp Actor Michael Fassbender

Supp Actress Lupita Nyong'o

Top 10

AH

and in alpha order

12YAS

All is lost

The Butler

Captain Phillips

Gravity

Inside Llewyn Davies

Philomena

Saving Mr Banks

WOWS

OMG amazing results!!! 

Best Film: HERBest Director: Spike Jonze, HER :wub: Best Actor: Bruce Dern, NEBRASKABest Actress: Emma Thompson, SAVING MR. BANKS :wub: Best Supporting Actor: Will Forte, NEBRASKABest Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, FRUITVALE STATIONBest Original Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen, Inside LLEWYN DavisBest Adapted Screenplay: Terence Winter, THE Wolf of Wall StreetBest Animated Feature: The Wind Rises :wub: Breakthrough Performance: Michael B. Jordan, Fruitvale StationBreakthrough Performance: Adele Exarchopoulos, BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLORBest Directorial Debut: Ryan Coogler, Fruitvale StationBest Foreign Language Film: THE PASTBest Documentary: Stories We TellWilliam K. Everson Film History Award: George Stevens, Jr.Best Ensemble: PRISONERS!!!Spotlight Award: Career Collaboration of Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprioNBR Freedom of Expression Award: WadjdaCreative Innovation in Filmmaking Award: GravityTop Films(in alphabetical order)12 YEARS A SLAVEFruitvale StationGravityInside Llewyn DavisLone SurvivorNebraskaPrisoners :wub: Saving Mr. BanksThe Secret Life of Walter MITTYTHE Wolf of Wall StreetTop 5 Foreign Language Films(In Alphabetical Order)Beyond the HillsGloriaThe GrandmasterA HijackingThe HuntTop 5 Documentaries(In Alphabetical Order)20 Feet from StardomThe Act of KillingAfter TillerCasting ByThe SquareTop 10 Independent Films(In Alphabetical Order)Ain’t Them Bodies Saints :wave: Dallas Buyers ClubIn a World…Mother of GeorgeMuch Ado About NothingMudThe Place Beyond the PinesShort Term 12SightseersThe Spectacular Now

http://www.nationalboardofreview.org/2013/12/national-board-review-announces-2013-award-winners/ Edited by Leyla

^ I havent seen lots of them sadly too :lol: Cap Phillips finally gets released here tomorrow so yay

'Her' is released on Feb 27 oh yeah Im 'lucky' :)

acc to all the reports it's an A+ film (again tastes differ but I feel its MY kinda film) 

If 'Eternal Sunshine' is your taste 'Her' will be too 

Edited by Leyla

^ I havent seen lots of them sadly too :lol: Cap Phillips finally gets released here tomorrow so yay

'Her' is released on Feb 27 oh yeah Im 'lucky' :)

acc to all the reports it's an A+ film (again tastes differ but I feel its MY kinda film) 

If 'Eternal Sunshine' is your taste 'Her' will be too 

:lol:

It's ok. I'm blindly supporting American Hustle too, sight unseen. :D

its good for films' BO i guess to be released around Oscar time to get decent BO but too bad we have to suffer & envy all those critics who already saw all of them

life is unfair :(

Edited by Leyla

Interesting start to the season (though I'm not sure if NBR has even seen Hustle- if they have and that happened, VERY interesting). 12 Years a Slave still looks like the favorite but it's no lock, by any means. Hustle and Wolf look like they'll at least be contenders for strong noms. I've said for awhile Her has a good shot in a system dependent on Number 1 Votes. LOVE the love for Fruitvale and Prisoners. Sad to not see Phillips