ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

And the best actor s director with QT, and a QT favorite, is :

jenniferlawrence.jpg

:)

Oh, he s a big fan of that girl you ve seen too much as my avatar and signature too.

I like this Tarantino guy, he s going places for sure IMO.

Also, as I expected from him, QT completely destroys the "middle movies aren't made anymore argument, it s all about the tentpoles destroying the soul of Hollywood" which is just a mind construct and something people have been whining about since forever.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

But middle movies aren't made much anymore.

Unless an A list director says...hey...I want to make a middle movie. And he's got the clout to do it.

Let's not pretend the issue doesn't exist though.

Tarantino says it s a mind construct and that since his beginnings with Reservoir Dogs, he heard the complaint time & time again the day he s been in touch with Hollywood people.

He gives no credit to "the middle movies are dead theory" whatsoever.

Maybe his unique position clouds his vision on the issue though but he s very specifics saying that he knows filmmakers throughout history have always been whining about that.

Tarantino says it s a mind construct and that since his beginnings with Reservoir Dogs, he heard the complaint time & time again the day he s been in touch with Hollywood people.

He gives no credit to "the middle movies are dead theory" whatsoever.

Maybe his unique position clouds his vision on the issue though but he s very specifics saying that he knows filmmakers throughout history have always been whining about that.

I love Tarantino.

But the guy who isn't affected by this trend, which is down to economics and changing viewing habits...

Well...sorry bud, you're wrong. Maybe the trend isn't wrong...maybe it reflects changing viewing habits and other forms of media are just supplanting it...but pretending it don't exist? Nope.

• Like 4

I always enjoy Tarantino interviews but he's being a bit solipsistic in suggesting the mid budgets aren't dying a slow death. This is a guy who can get a 50-100m budget at the click of his fingers so how else would he see the situation I suppose.

Incidentally, I enjoyed his baiting when he said the first season of True Detective was boring but he watched The Newsroom three times.

• Like 1

The steep rise in P&A costs has severely curtailed mid-budget films. Tarantino can get the budget he wants for the film he wants, so he's kinda in his own bubble there.

Yeah, Tarantino movies exist outside the norm.

But when even a 5m dollar movie costs 30m at least to give a proper wide release (domestic alone may I say)...

The game...it has changed.

Unless you're a Christian movie or something odd like that. Then you can spend less.