ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Well, the thing is, if you go by the script that leaked a couple of years ago, it's not so much a sex scene as it is a 

rape scene.

Oh fuck off with that shit, I've seen enough

surprise gay rape

to last me a lifetime after SOA.

Edited by Ozymandias

http://variety.com/2015/film/in-contention/quentin-tarantino-hateful-eight-roadshow-multiplex-70mm-1201615357/

When audiences pay to see the limited roadshow engagement of Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” this holiday season, it won’t just be the projection of Ultra Panavision 70mm photography that distinguishes it from multiplex versions released two weeks later. It will be a slightly different — and longer — film overall.

“The roadshow version has an overture and an intermission, and it will be three hours, two minutes,” Tarantino told Variety. “The multiplex version is about six minutes shorter, not counting the intermission time, which is about 12 minutes.”

The two-time Oscar winner was not ordered to truncate the film for wider release. Rather, he liked the idea of the roadshow experience having a little something extra. “Nor did I want to treat the multiplex release like this left-handed version, either,” he said. So he tweaked certain scenes to better suit the separate viewing experiences.

“The 70 is the 70,” he said. “You’ve paid the money. You’ve bought your ticket. So you’re there. I’ve got you. But I actually changed the cutting slightly for a couple of the multiplex scenes because it’s not that. Now it’s on Showtime Extreme. You’re watching it on TV and you just kind of want to watch a movie on your couch. Or you’re at Hot Dog on a Stick and you just want to catch a movie.”

The sequences in question play in “big, long, cool, unblinking takes” in the 70mm version, Tarantino said. “It was awesome in the bigness of 70, but sitting on your couch, maybe it’s not so awesome. So I cut it up a little bit. It’s a little less precious about itself.”

I do hope to see this in 70mm, but that multiplex comment is so douchey. I've honestly had it with Nolan and Tarantino's comments on film. Don't they realize that seeing movies at a multiplex with digital projection is the only way most people can see their films? Yes/, it's nice to see films get a 70mm or true IMAX release (and I personally would seek those out if possible), but I'm not going out of my way to go see something in 35mm, it's not that much better than digital to make a difference to me. They just so out of touch with where the business is and where it is going.

• Like 1

I do hope to see this in 70mm, but that multiplex comment is so douchey. I've honestly had it with Nolan and Tarantino's comments on film. Don't they realize that seeing movies at a multiplex with digital projection is the only way most people can see their films? Yes/, it's nice to see films get a 70mm or true IMAX release (and I personally would seek those out if possible), but I'm not going out of my way to go see something in 35mm, it's not that much better than digital to make a difference to me. They just so out of touch with where the business is and where it is going.

Does anyone really want to go back to when cinemas were fleapits? I wish Tarantino would at least look at how digital has developed rather than be a grouchy old man about it.

They are James Cameron of film and 2D. 

Edited by Darth Snoopy of Suburbia

If this really is 3h long, the nights I have to e the closing usher, the late movie won't get out until quarter after 1. By the time all the closing duties are all done and I can go home it'll be nearly 2. That's gonna suck on school nights.

If this really is 3h long, the nights I have to e the closing usher, the late movie won't get out until quarter after 1. By the time all the closing duties are all done and I can go home it'll be nearly 2. That's gonna suck on school nights.

If you guys even get it.

If you guys even get it.

We will if/when it goes wide. Tarantino movies have done incredibly well here for years.

And then there's that one time when Brother Bear opened the same day and Kill Bill, and one of the older supervisors (he still works here but only comes in once a well such a sweetheart) put the wrong movie in each cinema.

About 50 crying kids with parents because they saw the opening for Kill Bill.

• Like 12

We will if/when it goes wide. Tarantino movies have done incredibly well here for years.

And then there's that one time when Brother Bear opened the same day and Kill Bill, and one of the older supervisors (he still works here but only comes in once a well such a sweetheart) put the wrong movie in each cinema.

:rofl: 

• Like 2

Your older supervisor at work:

post-62127-Fight-Club-Brad-Pitt-Tyler-Du

• Like 7

That sounds like it was amazing, honestly.

• Like 3