iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

CF needs 23.3 to be the second biggest non-opening Wednesday. Probably a little too much to ask at this point, but.... maybe not. :ph34r:

This may actually be possible... I can't believe we were saying it might not even hit 350m last Friday. WOM is seriously kicking some ass, go Katniss!

That Black Nativity number of under 3 million for the 5-day weekend with many stars including F.Whitaker, A.Bassett, J.Hudson, M.J.Blige and Tyrese Gibson is horrendous. It will barely cross 5-6 million total by the end of its run as next week it should collapse. I guess a musical drama isn't what black audiences want. It makes me grateful for the b.o. numbers of Sparkle (11.6/24.3 million) that at least found some kind of audience with only W.Houston in a supporting role as a famous name. Sorry I still miss her...

Edited by wboxoffice

Frozen Cinemascore A+Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke 39sThanksgiving Box Office CinemaScores: 'Frozen' (Disney) A+, 'Black Nativity' (Fox Searchlight) A-,'Homefront' (Open Road Films) B

Same CinemaScore as Tangled. Hope it gets over 250m.
  • Like 1

That Black Nativity number of under 3 million for the 5-day weekend with many stars including F.Whitaker, A.Bassett, J.Hudson, M.J.Blige and Tyrese Gibson is horrendous. It will barely cross 5-6 million total as next week it should collapse. I guess a musical drama isn't what black audiences want. It makes me grateful for the b.o. numbers of Sparkle (a similar movie) that at least found some kind of audience with only W.Houston as a famous name. Sorry I still miss her ;)

You're not alone. Whitney Houston was an inspiration to millions, her music was extremely powerful and she was/is a huge icon to many people around the world. She will be forever missed, but not forgotten.
  • Like 1