#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

The forum would be a wasteland. Telemachos would be the lone poster, like whoring away. Just waiting for the day when that little notification sign lights up again.

He'd be that lone tire rolling down the desert road. Life imitates art.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Not sure why Katniss would care about either of those guys. She (Jlaw) is way out of their league. I'm speaking of romantic leads. She is just so way more mature. She's rolling with the likes of Fassbender, Bale and Cooper. Seeing her with these guys is kind of strange.

Jlaw certainly has more chemistry with all the older actors in THG compared to the two male leads. But I don't think parents are ready for Katniss to get it on with someone old enough to be her dad. :bop:

I watched Ender's Game (opened here this week, avoided Thor and CF last November) and I never read the novel (or checked out the synopsis at Wikipedia) so I was caught off guard with the revelation. There were boring moments I admit but the last part was really good and thought provoking. Too bad it flopped.

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

I watched in Ender's Game and I never read the novel (or checked out the synopsis at Wikipedia) so I was caught off guard with the revelation. There were boring moments I admit but the last part was really good and thought provoking. Too bad it flopped.

Yeah, it's a surprisingly good movie. Asa Butterfield was terrific. 

I for one enjoy the male characters of Catching FireYou wouldn't believe how much Donald Sutherland/Phillip Seymour Hoffman slash I've got written over the past couple weeks.

Link? I'm sure someone here would want to read them.

Jlaw certainly has more chemistry with all the older actors in THG compared to the two male leads. But I don't think parents are ready for Katniss to get it on with someone old enough to be her dad. :bop:

Oh I understand why they were cast. They are all in the same age range.  It was a good idea on paper.

In all serious, I rag on THG and stuff sometimes, but for the most part, it's well-cast. It's too bad that two glaringly bad casting decisions were two pivotal characters. Not only are they uncharismatic and dull, JLaw just makes it all the more obvious because she just lights up the screen. 

• Like 3

I for one enjoy the male characters of Catching FireYou wouldn't believe how much Donald Sutherland/Phillip Seymour Hoffman slash I've got written over the past couple weeks.

PSH's face was looking even more bloated and red than before. He had like burst blood vessels and shit on his nose from too much red wine. 

In all honesty, I enjoyed them too. But I couldn't help but notice how big of a presence Jennifer has over the young leads.