Gopher

Monday Numbers (Frozen 2.05M... snow day raises numbers?)

Huh, interesting. Did you guys have 10pm shows? (There were definitely a lot more 10pm shows here than 8pm ones).

Only midnights here. I actually thought that was the case everywhere until you mentioned otherwise.

In fact, I even remember posting how I thought The Hobbit's strong midnight only showing showed how the "Aurora" effect was basically nonexistent.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

Can you at tell what other screeners you've got/getting besides Llewyn Davis?

It's been a little light so far.... off the top of my head:

Mud, Place Beyond the Pines, Monsters U, The Croods, Rush, Prisoners, Blue Jasmine, Dallas Buyers Club, 12 Years, Captain Phillips, Gravity, The Butler... I think that's it.

• Like 2

Huh, interesting. Did you guys have 10pm shows? (There were definitely a lot more 10pm shows here than 8pm ones).

Based on what I have on record, we only had 12AMs.  That's in both VA College Towns and DC Metropolitan.  

The D-Box near my house is the guaranteed sellout screen, and it's got reserved seats.  For any show with reserved seats, I track the actual seats as well, and the only show I have on record is 12AM.

It's been a little light so far.... off the top of my head:

Mud, Place Beyond the Pines, Monsters U, The Croods, Rush, Prisoners, Blue Jasmine, Dallas Buyers Club, 12 Years, Captain Phillips, Gravity, The Butler... I think that's it.

I've seen most of those but still

Posted Image

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

Based on what I have on record, we only had 12AMs.  That's in both VA College Towns and DC Metropolitan.  

The D-Box near my house is the guaranteed sellout screen, and it's got reserved seats.  For any show with reserved seats, I track the actual seats as well, and the only show I have on record is 12AM.

Shit, now you guys are making me doubt myself. I could've sworn it had pre-midnights... admittedly the sellouts I recorded were for midnight shows, though. Hmmmmmmm.

Shit, now you guys are making me doubt myself. I could've sworn it had pre-midnights... admittedly the sellouts I recorded were for midnight shows, though. Hmmmmmmm.

It's possible that it had limited early previews.  We could look back at your posts from last year at this time.  

I've seen most of those but still

Posted Image

Why so angry? A screener is just a DVD ... can't replace the theatrical experience. Of course, in the case of something like "Blue Jasmine" the difference is not that big, still - seeing a comedy with some complete strangers beats watching it alone at home, anyday anyday anyday.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Just checked the Wayback Machine.  While it does archive general pages from Fandango and AMC, it unfortunately hasn't captured pages for particular cities on particular days (which seems a bit ambitious I guess  :D ), so couldn't confirm by means of that.  

I searched my posts last year.... I never said anything other than "midnights". Damn, I guess I'm wrong.

Makes DOS sellouts easier to compare though.  We should be able to get a very good estimate where its going to land with late Thursday night sellout counts.