Noctis

Wednesday #'s: CF 1.9m, Frozen 1.8m

Their probably alternating being types of animated films. Not all will be fairy tales/musicals. Big Hero 6?definitely isn't. Moana if it goes through, I'd bet would be a musical. Giants and Zootopia maybe

Giants is based on Jack and the Beanstalk... a story that has a princess. That one will definitely be a musical. And it'll be in the exact same spirit as Tangled and Frozen.

• Like 3

That's down 30.1% from yesterday and 6.0% from last Wednesday for Frozen. While I feel the Friday/Saturday jumps won't be as extreme this weekend (history even suggests a lower 200% boost on Friday) I still have a good feeling we're in for a drop under 30% for Frozen this weekend.

Is anyone else expecting some slight decreases for today? Nothing big, just like around 5% for both. Hobbit midnights/Madea previews are sure to take at least a little attention away from the big two tonight.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Is anyone else expecting some slight decreases for today? Nothing big, just like around 5% for both. Hobbit midnights/Madea previews are sure to take at least a little attention away from the big two tonight.

By default, CF loses out on most post-7/8pm shows in IMAX and most large format theaters with Hobbit coming at midnight. I'd imagine Frozen overtakes it again today.

• Like 1

That's down 30.1% from yesterday and 6.0% from last Wednesday for Frozen. While I feel the Friday/Saturday jumps won't be as extreme this weekend (history even suggests a lower 200% boost on Friday) I still have a good feeling we're in for a drop under 30% for Frozen this weekend.

It was bound to come down after all the great holds. It's the holds from last week that give me good reason to believe that this could surprise this weekend
  • Like 1

+194,618=$195,019m Domestic!

I'd say that the theater loss this weekend is enough to keep TDW from making the $200m this weekend with Hobbit 2, but I think it'll happen by Discount Tuesday at the latest next week. 

Actually, if it follows Thor, it gets to 200 next Wednesday or Thursday. 

+194,618=$195,019m Domestic!I'd say that the theater loss this weekend is enough to keep TDW from making the $200m this weekend with Hobbit 2, but I think it'll happen by Discount Tuesday at the latest next week.

How Many theaters will it loose?

+194,618=$195,019m Domestic!I'd say that the theater loss this weekend is enough to keep TDW from making the $200m this weekend with Hobbit 2, but I think it'll happen by Discount Tuesday at the latest next week.

How Many theaters will it loose?

Looks like Dhoom 3 is getting a pretty decent release in the US. 

Bollywood flick DHOOM 3 will launch in 200+ theaters on December 20. #Dhoom3

Widest releases (>150) by BOM:

Besharam - 217

Krrish 3 - 208

Kites -207

Ram Leela - 204

Chennai Express - 196

Raa One - 189

Talaash - 172

Don 2 - 167

Dabangg 2 - 166

Jab Tak Hai Jaan - 164