CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

230 is really low.  But let's see what the decrease is today before we say it's guaranteed to finish higher than 230.  If it does drop 25% today, it goes to 23 mill and that puts it at 69-70 mill.  And if that is the opening number, 230 is not locked.

• Like 1

Curious to see the 3D shares. I'd imagine they dropped from AUJ. Especially from those that saw it in HFR. :P

HFR is incredibly popular again this year over here. It is sold out hours in advance. And the only IMAX theater is sold out days in advance. Apparently it is IMAX HFR 3D, but I didn't noticed almost no difference.

• Like 1

http://accursedarachnid.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/box-office-analysis-catching-fire-vs-deathly-hollows-part-1-135/

Posted ImageVSPosted Image

DAY

HP7 GROSS

CHG

CF GROSS

CHG

DIFF

GAP

22 $3.24m +114% $4.10m(EST) +127% +0.86m +8.29m

• Founder / Operator

HFR is incredibly popular again this year over here. It is sold out hours in advance. And the only IMAX theater is sold out days in advance. Apparently it is IMAX HFR 3D, but I didn't noticed almost no difference.

:blink:

You crazy foreigners.

:P

• Like 1

As much as I really disliked HFR, I'm happy for those that dig it. I just hope that not too many people are suckered into IMAX 3D HFR without realizing its HFR.

It has almost no difference. At least I didn't noticed.

How is it doing compared to the first in Portugal

I would say it is slightly over in the places where they are offering 3D and 2D. Even if people don't get 2D tickets because it is sold out, since they are already in the theater, they will see it in 3D. HFR 3D and IMAX HFR 3D are amazingly well. Problem is in the smaller theaters, and there are many, they are not offering 2D at night. Last year they did that at every theater. I remember my local theater had the 2 360 screens sold out at Saturday and Friday night. This year they didn't sold out there only 3D show at Friday night. Those theaters are way down from last year.

Edited by CJohn