CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I agree with those numbers.  I did not say that Avatar would fall of the face of the earth, only that it would fall to somewhere between 500-600 mill.

Baumer us Pandorians will break those ranges good buddy.....Put your dukes up my fellow Cameron warrior. You will become a believer in the 3billion+ Avatar 2..

I think you should come with me,  I feel this will be bigger than Avatar I by a large margin Baum...Fly with me not against.

Just wait till BKB sees the destruction of TA2 by over a billion..lol.. Hes going to get a lot of tissue paper.

None of those films were coming off of a record gross from the last.  

Well you do know that Cameron took a break from film. His Last film was unsinkable.. Comes back and beats that film by a over a billion. I say all bets are off when it comes to our JC.

Though I do agree 600M could be its lowest decrease.. domestically.OS it will increase beyond most imagination.

Still Im putting all my LOA might for 800+M domestic..Lol

Wrong, you have to keep making movies that push the envelope..And titanic wasnt an original movie..  I think many have posted Titanic films have been done what 10-20times. James superior film making is what made the difference. Simple as that :).

T2 didnt decrease and Im pretty sure neither willl Avatar 2

T2, for real? :P

I agree for the most part, but Shrek 2, Dead Man's Chest, and The Dark Knight were definitely sequels.

None of the first movies in any of those series made more than around 300m. I'm more referring to franchises, in which the originals made, say, +350m.

Catching Fire is actually an example of a series that defies the "rule". :)

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 1

Very true. That was directed at the "only original movies can be a phenomenon" statement.

Well Batman set records in 1989. And had flops and still rebounded to the tune of a 1 billion dollar movie. I consider all batman films afterthe massive 89 film sequels. :) And again James cameron is a far better filmmaker than Nolan.. No one can  attract consistant worldwide audiences like JC can..I dont know why after seeing those HVideo sales and merchandise and people killing themselves after realzing they cant go back to pandora== 450(lol) to  only 600M domestic mass ...Really we will see on that one all

Mwahahahah Cameron defies you :P

T2, for real? :P

None of the first movies in any of those series made more than around 300m. I'm more referring to franchises, in which the originals made, say, +350m.

Catching Fire is actually an example of a series that defies the "rule". :)

Hah hah and it wont be the last either Stingray..Juggernaut 2 is coming....My predict 850M domestic 3.7B WW :)(I hope for more though)

Baumer us Pandorians will break those ranges good buddy.....Put your dukes up my fellow Cameron warrior. You will become a believer in the 3billion+ Avatar 2..

I think you should come with me,  I feel this will be bigger than Avatar I by a large margin Baum...Fly with me not against.

Just wait till BKB sees the destruction of TA2 by over a billion..lol.. Hes going to get a lot of tissue paper.

Posted Image

• Like 6

Well Batman set records in 1989. And had flops and still rebounded to the tune of a 1 billion dollar movie. I consider all batman films afterthe massive 89 film sequels. :) And again James cameron is a far better filmmaker than Nolan.. No one can  attract consistant worldwide audiences like JC can..I dont know why after seeing those HVideo sales and merchandise and people killing themselves after realzing they cant go back to pandora== 450(lol) to  only 600M domestic mass ...Really we will see on that one all

Mwahahahah Cameron defies you :P

Batman set record in 89 and then fell 32% for the sequel.  :)

• Like 4

Posted Image

Very true. That was directed at the "only original movies can be a phenomenon" statement.

Titanic wasnt an original film... Many films have been at the box office none made a splash like Cameron. :)

Also 13 yrs later he makes big BO and is the only director with back to back worldwide mega movies. Ahem Architect and Baum going to lose these bets big time. Avatar 2 is the only film to watch to see the glory.. Though SWS 7 could be a wildcard along with Camerons Battle Angel I off III.

Batman set record in 89 and then fell 32% for the sequel.   :)

Lol well as you can see the sequel wasnt anything of superior quality... :) Hah hah. Batman rebounded to serious BO though when someone named Nolan pulled off a sequel  to 1 billion and 530m domestic. :P

Camerons T2 Sequel and Alien Sequel all smashed up their predecessors bigtime B :).. Avatar smashed up a film not Speilberg or Peter Jackson could break.

Camerons own Titanic.

Lol well as you can see the sequel wasnt anything of superior quality... :) Hah hah. Batman rebounded to serious BO though when someone named Nolan pulled off a sequel  to 1 billion and 530m domestic. :P

Camerons T2 Sequel and Alien Sequel all smashed up their predecessors bigtime B :).. Avatar smashed up a film not Speilberg or Peter Jackson could break.

Camerons own Titanic.

That was after Batman Begins rebooted the series though Kal.

• Like 1

Ahem and what is your worldwide predict for Juggernaut 2 Baumer man? :)

WW?  I'd say perhaps 2.5-2.7 billion.  I'll give it 550 here and another 2 bill internationally.

Camerons own Titanic.

Wtf man? :) Alien 1 and T1 were (relatively) small-time movies.

It's like talking to BKB. :bash:

Wtf man? :) Alien 1 and T1 were (relatively) small-time movies.

It's like talking to BKB. :bash:

Oh you ain't seen nothing yet.  Kal is famous for this.  The problem is, this time, he was actually right about Avatar and left the rest of us looking silly.  He was the only one to call its massive gross.  So he does have that on his side.

• Like 6