filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Minority Report is a masterpiece of Scifi. Minority Report > Inception. (And I liked Inception but Minority Report is just in a whole upper level, thematically, action wise, direction wise, script wise, effects wise, constant effectiveness and TOM CRUISE as John Anderton is my main man. :wub:  Sorry Dom Cobb)

I really like Inception, but I agree with this. Minority Report is one of my favorite Sci Fi movie of all-time.

• Like 1

Not anywhere close to the scam that was IM3.

Much bigger. Nolan played you suckers.  It dropped. No it didn't. Yes it did. Come back and pay money to see it again. Ask the same question next time. 

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Much bigger. Nolan played you suckers.  It dropped. No it didn't. Yes it did. Come back and pay money to see it again. Ask the same question next time. 

Or come back to see it again because you enjoy the story. I didn't give two shits whether it dropped or not. Nolan himself has said it doesn't matter, the character has achieved his catharsis. The fact that this goes over the head of so many is strange.

• Like 1

Or come back to see it again because you enjoy the story. I didn't give two shits whether it dropped or not. Nolan himself has said it doesn't matter, the character has achieved his catharsis. The fact that this goes over the head of so many is strange.

Yeah whatever. Nobody was saying this at the time. An intentional ambiguous ending people spent money trying to figure it out. Blogs were launched with the answer, lol. It was genius. But it was still a scam nonetheless.

• Like 1

Yeah whatever. Nobody was saying this at the time. An intentional ambiguous ending people spent money trying to figure it out. Blogs were launched with the answer, lol. It was genius. But it was still a scam nonetheless.

Actually he said it while the movie was in theaters. Not a scam. I took it as a wink to the audience. I actually laughed when it happened. Nolan has more of a sense of humor than people give him credit for.

• Like 2

Well, I felt Iron Man 3 was a scam. The trailers basically promised Kingsley as the Mandarin and.......we all know what happened. :(

• Like 3

Actually he said it while the movie was in theaters. Not a scam. I took it as a wink to the audience. I actually laughed when it happened. Nolan has more of a sense of humor than people give him credit for.

LOL when did he say it? Surely wasn't right after opening.

I always thought it was obvious that it dropped, and I only ever saw it once.

• Like 1

In fact, Minority Report and Inception got the same idea of an ambiguous ending but Minority Report did it better, people still really think what they saw was the reality. Minority Report did an inception* on audience before Inception came on the scene to explain what is an Inception for 2 hours.(And that's my problem with Nolan. Spielby showed the concept unravel inside the movie without delving into semantics focusing on Anderton's desperate attempt to change the course of time, free will fighting determinism like Terminator. Nolan makes the characters talk about it for 2 hours)

*The 3rd act is Anderton's dreams unfolding after he was caught in a false heroic escape, Brazil style. The inception is to make believe the audience that it is an happy ending in which Anderton triumphs when in fact it's the Pre-Crime prison warden word that planted a seed that spins all of this in a gloomy realm. "Now you're part of my herd, John. You'll see things, your life. All your dreams will come true, John."

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Just got out of Dhoom 3. Someone should get Peter Jackson to watch this. It is the best 3 hour long action adventure movie with stunts that defy physics and an underdeveloped love story between a dwarf and a tall woman released this month.Total fun for 3 hours. Also, Katrina Kaif does a striptease - worth the ticket price right there.

• Like 1