filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

The sequel took in $26.2M for the three day weekend pre-Christmas.

In addition, when the dust cleared this morning, it appears as though Disney’s Frozenslid passed  Sony’s American Hustle to take 3rd place this weekend. Final numbers to come so stay tuned.

BOX OFFICE BATTLES: Paramount Overhype Comes Back to Bite Them, ‘Hobbit’ No. 1, ‘Anchorman 2,’ Lead; ‘Frozen’ In Third?; ‘Thor 2′ Crosses $200M

Ok, whoever wrote that article just took some heroine and did lines of coke.  Did Nikki come back?

If AM2 did 26.2 mill for the three day then it did 39.4 mill for the 5 day, not 34.5 mill.  Retards.

• Like 1

I'm going to try and turn the clock back today and see if I can duplicate a feat I last did when I was 17.

I'm going to try and see Walking With Dinosaurs at 12:15, then AM2 at 1:45, then AH at 4 and cap it off with Saving Mr. Banks at 7.  I'll bring two different shirts and a hat today, must be able to disguise myself.   :)

I'm gonna try to do that next week with Frozen, Anchorman 2, Mr. Banks, and Grudge Match/47 Ronin!

• Like 1

In addition, when the dust cleared this morning, it appears as though Disney’sFrozen slid passed  Sony’s American Hustle to take 3rd place this weekend. Final numbers to come so stay tuned.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/box-office-holiday-primer-newcomer-anchorman-2-8m-wednesday-sets-for-strong-40m-to-45m-5-day-opening-in-crowded-weekend-hobbit-3-day-bo-one-to-watch/

FYI: One commenter on this thread named Mr. Majestyk sounds suspiciously like the Paramount exec who contacted me earlier today to note: “Promotional efforts … such as Dodge .. are free to us, so it’s $ we don’t spend … Director Adam McKay talked about this as well: Will Ferrell’s Ron Burgundy stunts: Worth ‘at least $20 million’ in  free publicity.” Okay, you be the judge. Here’s the commenter: “But did they really spend that much to promote ANCHORMAN 2? As omnipresent as the campaign has been, it seems to be more about web-friendly PR stunts and Dodge Durango ads than big spending on the usual marketing. Adam McKay was quoted as saying he thinks they’ve received at least $20 million in free publicity.

The entire studio seems to be in adrenaline-junky sit and spin mode. Maybe it’s because of their highly-charged Wolf of Wall Street coming into the fold on Wednesday. Wait until middle America (where I was born and raised) and which loves its Duck Dynasty, gets a load of a homosexual orgy scene and the popular Leonardo DiCaprio blowing cocaine into a hooker’s anus through a straw.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/box-office-holiday-primer-newcomer-anchorman-2-8m-wednesday-sets-for-strong-40m-to-45m-5-day-opening-in-crowded-weekend-hobbit-3-day-bo-one-to-watch/

lol, is Nikki back at Deadline.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I feel like Im on crazy pills. First CFs OW was disappointment because it didnt make 180 mill OW and now Anchorman2 is doomed even though the next 15'days are some of the most lucrative of the year. Or were these people absent from school the day they taught box office 101?

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 2

FYI: One commenter on this thread named Mr. Majestyk sounds suspiciously like the Paramount exec who contacted me earlier today to note: “Promotional efforts … such as Dodge .. are free to us, so it’s $ we don’t spend … Director Adam McKay talked about this as well: Will Ferrell’s Ron Burgundy stunts: Worth ‘at least $20 million’ in  free publicity.” Okay, you be the judge. Here’s the commenter: “But did they really spend that much to promote ANCHORMAN 2? As omnipresent as the campaign has been, it seems to be more about web-friendly PR stunts and Dodge Durango ads than big spending on the usual marketing. Adam McKay was quoted as saying he thinks they’ve received at least $20 million in free publicity.

The entire studio seems to be in adrenaline-junky sit and spin mode. Maybe it’s because of their highly-charged Wolf of Wall Street coming into the fold on Wednesday. Wait until middle America (where I was born and raised) and which loves its Duck Dynasty, gets a load of a homosexual orgy scene and the popular Leonardo DiCaprio blowing cocaine into a hooker’s anus through a straw.

lol, is Nikki back at Deadline.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Wolf of Wall Street fun for the whole family

• Like 5