iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

#29,15 points:

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

19-year-old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

Member blurb

Gopher:

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP 

Critic blurb

Amy Biancolli, Houston Chronicle:
Its single biggest failing -- an affront to Lewis Carroll and the charms of nonsense literature -- is the fact that it makes sense.

Trivia

Despite the fact that there have been many other Alice in Wonderland films, Tim Burton has said he never felt an emotional connection to it and always thought it was a series of some girl wandering around from one crazy character to another. (In fact, the original books are part of a once-popular fantasy genre in which the character does nothing except wander around from one crazy encounter to another. Those films which replicated this were being true to the spirit of the original books.) So with this, he attempted to create a framework, an emotional grounding, which he felt he never really had seen in any version before. Tim said that was the challenge for him - to make Alice feel like a story as opposed to a series of events.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 3

#32,15 points:

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

19-year-old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

Member blurb

Gopher:

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP 

Critic blurb

Amy Biancolli, Houston Chronicle:
Its single biggest failing -- an affront to Lewis Carroll and the charms of nonsense literature -- is the fact that it makes sense.

Trivia

Despite the fact that there have been many other Alice in Wonderland films, Tim Burton has said he never felt an emotional connection to it and always thought it was a series of some girl wandering around from one crazy character to another. (In fact, the original books are part of a once-popular fantasy genre in which the character does nothing except wander around from one crazy encounter to another. Those films which replicated this were being true to the spirit of the original books.) So with this, he attempted to create a framework, an emotional grounding, which he felt he never really had seen in any version before. Tim said that was the challenge for him - to make Alice feel like a story as opposed to a series of events.

The movie sucks, but im not sure if it's one of the worst of all time.

• Like 1

#28,16 points (46 rank sum):

Shrek the Third

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

When his new father-in-law, King Harold falls ill, Shrek is looked at as the heir to the land of Far, Far Away. Not one to give up his beloved swamp, Shrek recruits his friends Donkey and Puss in Boots to install the rebellious Artie as the new king. Princess Fiona, however, rallies a band of royal girlfriends to fend off a coup d'etat by the jilted Prince Charming.

Critic blurb

Bob Mondello, NPR.org:
Apart from some modestly amusing princess shtick and a pleasantly slapsticky opening, there's no real reason for anyone over the age of 11 to see this one.

Trivia

Eric Idle, upon seeing the "coconuts as horse hoof sound effects" segment in the stage show scene, admonished the makers of the film publicly. He claimed they were ripping off Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) and "stealing" their joke. He perhaps failed to realize that coconuts have been used as horse hoof beats since the days of radio - from whence Monty Python were no doubt inspired.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 5

My personal #1:

#27,16 points (21 rank sum):

I Know Who Killed Me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

A young girl who was missing reappears, but she claims to be someone else entirely.

Member blurb

Iceroll:

This is the movie that killed Lindsay Lohan's career.  Absolutely dreadful, I can't believe I actually sat through it.

Critic blurb

James Berardinelli, ReelViews:
Easily marks the worst movie Lohan has appeared in and the worst performance she has given.

Trivia

Lindsay Lohan's DUI arrest in late July 2007 prevented her from doing promotion for this movie.

• Like 6

My personal #1:

I Know Who Killed Me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

A young girl who was missing reappears, but she claims to be someone else entirely.

Member blurb

Iceroll:

This is the movie that killed Lindsay Lohan's career.  Absolutely dreadful, I can't believe I actually sat through it.

Critic blurb

Easily marks the worst movie Lohan has appeared in and the worst performance she has given.

Trivia

Lindsay Lohan's DUI arrest in late July 2007 prevented her from doing promotion for this movie.

My cousin, a film critic, LOVES this movie. Says it's brilliant and people just didn't "get" it. :)

I've yet to see it.

My personal #1:

I Know Who Killed Me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Member blurb

Iceroll:

Critic blurb

Trivia

This is just amazing.

Posted Image

I don't think some people understand that a contrarian is someone who disagrees with popular opinions because they're the popular opinions. Having the minority opinion on a movie doesn't make you a contrarian if the reason you have the minority opinion is that you genuinely didn't like the movie.

Not everyone likes the same movies, and some people despise some movies more than others.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

38. 2001: Space Odyssey -- Haven't seen it but probably shouldn't be there.

37. Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd -- Haven't seen it.

36. That's My Boy -- Haven't seen it.

35. Scary Movie 4 -- Haven't seen it.

34. Pearl Harbor -- Haven't seen it.

33. Dude, Where's My Car? -- Haven't seen it. 

32. Vampires Suck -- Haven't seen it.

31. Citizen Kane -- *sigh* Well, I kinda saw this coming. 

30. Mulholland Drive -- Haven't seen it but probably shouldn't be there.

• Like 1

Puss In Boots was the best animated film of 2011.

I liked Puss in Boots. as much as the next guy, but I can think of at least 5 animated films released that year which I preferred. 

Also: Shrek 3? For fucks sake people, these just aren't the worst films of all time. 

Obviously not. The real 'Worst Films of All Time' are probably flicks we've never seen, or shall ever see.

This is more a 'Worst Films of All Time that people here have actually watched'.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 3