iceroll

December 26 (Boxing Day) Numbers || Hobbit 10.5m, Frozen 9.1m, AH 6.35m, Banks 4.7m, 47R 3.7m

If you see Saving Banks, let me know if it's worth it, will ya?

I will!

If ALL IS LOST or HER is playing near you, I'd recommend those. (I know they're in pretty limited release right now).

Not playing at a Regal near me(or Carmike for that matter and we don't have AMC), All is Lost would've been a contender.

The ones that don't list as "no passes allowed" are: Banks, Mandela, 12YaS, Philomena, Book Thief and Nebraska(at the farthest one I'd go to)

If Anchorman2 was a contender I'd see that, no passes though. 95% of comedies I'm usually fine with waiting for DVD also. 

I will!Not playing at a Regal near me(or Carmike for that matter and we don't have AMC), All is Lost would've been a contender.The ones that don't list as "no passes allowed" are: Banks, Mandela, 12YaS, Philomena, Book Thief and Nebraska(at the farthest one I'd go to)If Anchorman2 was a contender I'd see that, no passes though. 95% of comedies I'm usually fine with waiting for DVD also.

PHILOMENA is a very sweet little movie.

Just noticed one thing about American Hustle...they never really used 70's slang. DOR got the 70's decor and costumes perfect, and the music was solid, but as far as dialogue, no 70's lingo that I remember. Is this something voters will notice when it comes to best screenplay category? I heard a rule of writing is keep it in the time period, so if you have a movie that takes place in the 1600's, dont name a character "LaCharles" or "Sophia", and well AH took place in the 70's but they never really talked like it.

Funny thing is....all I'm wondering if TDW made enough today(Friday), $200K+, to hit $202m. I've still got my Regal Reward Card Freebie ticket, I'm thinking about using it on something I normally wouldn't(normal=action/fantasy/cbm), and I'm leaning towards Saving Mr.Banks. I've seen Hobbit2, HG:CF, TDW and Frozen, Wolf of Wall Street and Grudge Match I have no qualms about waiting for DVD. Suggestions beyond that?

I think it'll do 200+ today. 200 is about a 45% drop from last week Friday and TDW worst week over week drop came on Wednesday and that was mostly due to the theater loss.
  • Like 1

Just noticed one thing about American Hustle...they never really used 70's slang. DOR got the 70's decor and costumes perfect, and the music was solid, but as far as dialogue, no 70's lingo that I remember. Is this something voters will notice when it comes to best screenplay category? I heard a rule of writing is keep it in the time period, so if you have a movie that takes place in the 1600's, dont name a character "LaCharles" or "Sophia", and well AH took place in the 70's but they never really talked like it.

Blatant anachronisms never seem to hurt Tarantino.