Minority Report

30 members have voted

1. 1. Minority Report

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A smart near perfect film, despite less near action near the end the film never drags and it is in my opinion the best sci-fi movie of last decade. I really wish Spielberg would make more films like this(war of the worlds was underwhelming).My favorite spielberg and cruise film.A

But that's the point. Lamar set it up so the precogs would show it because he knew Anderton would kill the guy he thought killed his son. Lamar used the system to set up what he wanted to happen.

I'm still a little confused as to how Lamar could get the pre-cogs to show the vision. I mean, if Anderton never saw that in the first place...

Edited by Jay Beezy

As soon as Lamar pays the guy (or promised to) to pretend that he killed Anderton's son, the plan is set into motion. The precogs immediately see the end result, John confronting Crow, which Lamar would have arranged somehow anyway. He would have gotten John to run into Crow somehow, thus leading to the murder. He just didn't have to bother doing that much because the precog vision did it for him. Then everything gets going the way Lamar planned it. The chink, of course, is that Anderton saw his future, so he could change it.

• Like 4

Yeah, it is essentially contingent on a plot hole. Anderton wouldn't have went after the guy he was predicted to kill if the pre-cogs hadn't shown it happening. Still a great movie, though.

That's also the recurring theme of the, movie fate v free will and predestination(obviously).  That's just one reason that movie is fucking amazing.  Everything he does, he does so because he saw the vision.  If he hadn't seen it, none of it would have happened.  Reminds me of Oedipus too in that way, which I'm sure is the point.  You find out your son is going to kill you, naturally your first instinct would be to get rid of him, but getting rid of him is what set him on that path.  

Goddamn, I love this movie.  

• Like 3

That's also the recurring theme of the, movie fate v free will and predestination(obviously).  That's just one reason that movie is fucking amazing.  Everything he does, he does so because he saw the vision.  If he hadn't seen it, none of it would have happened.  Reminds me of Oedipus too in that way, which I'm sure is the point.  You find out your son is going to kill you, naturally your first instinct would be to get rid of him, but getting rid of him is what set him on that path.  

Goddamn, I love this movie.  

Which is why people seeing futures should just keep their mouths shut. :lol:

• Like 1