luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors (closed now)

James Cameron says he has studied his films and "reverse engineered" them. Ben Affleck and screenwriterRoberto Orci call Bay an auteur because his visual style is so distinct. Steven Spielberg says "he has the best eye for multiple levels of pure visual adrenaline" and as we all know Christopher Nolan is a fan as well.

From Jessies Article.

• Like 1

I have my own Duncan Jones on my list and that would be Mark Pellington.  I don't know what he did outside of Arlington Road and Mothman Prophecies, but those two films are enough to put him on my list.  

Who is PTA?

acsc has a great love for the Parent-Teacher Association.

Seriously though, It's Paul Thomas Anderson (of There Will Be Blood fame)

• Like 1

1. Quentin Tarrantino2. Steven Spielberg3. Martin Scorsese4. Christopher Nolan 5. Stanley Kubrick6. The Coen Brothers7. David Fincher8. Tim Burton9. George Lucas10. Peter Jackson11. Michael Mann12. Sam Raimi13. Judd Apatow14. Sergio Leone15. Ang Lee16. Bryan Singer17. Clint Eastwood18. Sam Mendes19. Paul Greengrass20. Wes Craven21. Ridley Scott22. Robert Zemeckis23. Kathryn Bigelow 24. Steven Soderbergh25. Wachowski's

Edited by Michael Gary Scott
  • Like 2

For your strong consideration:

Christopher Nolan

chris-nolan.jpg

darkknight-jokercards-poster.jpg

Notable films directed:

The Following

Memento

Insomnia

Batman Begins

The Prestige

The Dark Knight

Inception

The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

^ Well I'm glad you brought this highly unknown 'Nolan' fellow to our attention. I'm certain none of us had even considered him before this.

• Like 2

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the_greatest_hits_of_the_michael_bay_oral_history_by_gqI found this in one search, next time actually check before calling someone a bullshitter. Btw it's in the second paragraph"James cameron has reverse engineered them"So yeah, apologies?

1) Spielberg said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan.

2) Cameron said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan.

3) Nolan said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan.

4) Cameron said he studied Bay's films.

You have 1, 2, 3 yet to prove. You will get my apology once you did that.

Cameron reverse-engineered to make sure his movies weren't like them at all. :PLook, you're not going to find A-list directors saying negative things about each other, and they'll always find something positive to say when asked. That's simply the name of the game.