luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors (closed now)

Cameron reverse-engineered to make sure his movies weren't like them at all. :PLook, you're not going to find A-list directors saying negative things about each other, and they'll always find something positive to say when asked. That's simply the name of the game.

Of cause they won't. This is a harsh business and Bay is one of the most hard working and successful directors right now and I'm sure Spielberg and Cameron, who's been long and successful enough in this business to know how much it takes to become a successful director like that, know it better than anyone else.

Edited by vc2002

For your strong consideration:

Christopher Nolan

chris-nolan.jpg

darkknight-jokercards-poster.jpg

Notable films directed:

The Following

Memento

Insomnia

Batman Begins

The Prestige

The Dark Knight

Inception

The Dark Knight Rises

Holy fucking shit, this man directed all of those films? How is that possible and I never heard of him before?

• Like 1

I had an anger that chilled my bones when I watched Melancholia.  Therefore, I am happy to say that I am happy to say Von Trier is not anywhere near my list.

• Like 1

PTA has directed one of my favourite movies of all time in there will be blood and one of my least favourites in punch-drunk love. so, i dunno. i gave him a point. i wanna see magnolia.

A great film Walter Hill has directed is The Driver (sadly, it's pretty much the only one of his I've seen). Great little piece of minimalistic neo-noir with a stoic Ryan O'Neal, an unhinged Bruce Dern, a very young and very beautiful Isabelle Adjani and a shitton of atmosphere (dat LA at nighttime). Required viewing for everyone who loves Refn's Drive.

Cameron reverse-engineered to make sure his movies weren't like them at all. :PLook, you're not going to find A-list directors saying negative things about each other, and they'll always find something positive to say when asked. That's simply the name of the game.

Well I don't see James Cameron studying any other directors filmography.

1) Spielberg said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan. 2) Cameron said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan. 3) Nolan said on numerous occasions how he's a huge Bay fan. 4) Cameron said he studied Bay's films. You have 1, 2, 3 yet to prove. You will get my apology once you did that.

You're wrong at the end of the day and now you're just being too stubborn to admit it. You called me a bullshitter, I proved you wrong and now you still can't bring yourself to accept it making you look even more of a douche.

You're wrong at the end of the day and now you're just being too stubborn to admit it. You called me a bullshitter, I proved you wrong and now you still can't bring yourself to accept it making you look even more of a douche.

You proved that I was wrong on 4. I'm still waiting for your proving your 1, 2 and 3 right.

Nolan never talks a lot openly, so you can forget about 3. That means you did bullshit about that. I searched a lot on 1 and 2 and found nothing to support them. So 75% of your post in page 6 is still bullshit.

Edited by vc2002