Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

My mind wandered so much during All is Lost, I forgot at points I was watching a movie. Kept thinking about studying, groceries, my leg is falling asleep, FUCK this is boring, Gravity is amazing, how many sheep am I gonna count tonight, etc...

If you're gonna do a silent film these days, at least make it entertaining like The Artist.

Edited by MovieMan89

Since we are discussing the best that film has to offer today, I think it's only fitting that I tell you I am watching perhaps the worst film I have ever seen.  It's called AE:  Apocalypse Earth.  It's about the end of the Earth and this rag tag bunch of marines has to go to different planet to survive.  They face Predator like invisible indigenous beings.  There is even a Latin female marine named Vasquez.   :rofl:  :rofl:

Oh boy this is awful.

Since we are discussing the best that film has to offer today, I think it's only fitting that I tell you I am watching perhaps the worst film I have ever seen.  It's called AE:  Apocalypse Earth.  It's about the end of the Earth and this rag tag bunch of marines has to go to different planet to survive.  They face Predator like invisible indigenous beings.  There is even a Latin female marine named Vasquez.   :rofl:  :rofl:

Oh boy this is awful.

Sounds like an Asylum production.

(checks IMDB)

Yep. :D

Sounds like an Asylum production.

(checks IMDB)

Yep. :D

HTF did you know that?  I've never heard of Asylum before.  Kinda reminds me Golum Globus productions from the 80's.  

Its funny all this hate for AH on here, yet all these people involved in the nomination/award process for all these various awards seem to see things differently.

I don't think any of us hate the film, I certainly don't, but because it has the most Oscar noms and is now looking like it could win, that is causing the backlash.

• Like 1

HTF did you know that?  I've never heard of Asylum before.  Kinda reminds me Golum Globus productions from the 80's.  

Asylum does ton of movies that are very similar to blockbusters released by the big studios. AE is their version of After Earth.

I don't think any of us hate the film, I certainly don't, but because it has the most Oscar noms and is now looking like it could win, that is causing the backlash.

Nope. I hate it. I thought it was awful.

Then again, I'm apparently part of the Highbrow Elite.