ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

I don't feel like they were as passionate about Llewyn Davis as they were about A Serious Man. Llewyn Davis feels like something that precedes another masterpiece. 

I dunno, I see an impeccably made world filled with care and details and the same little touches that filled ASM. As a creative person, it really spoke to me.

• Like 1

Hey I've liked Ice Cube since he told me:To drinkin straight out the bottleDo I look like a muthafuckin role modelTo the kids looking up to meLife ain't nothin but bitches and money

I've liked him ever since he said: Crazy motherf**ker named Ice Cube, from the gang called Ni**as With Attitude.

• Like 1

That would be me. I am doing the "Best movies" list.

Reminder - Folks, send in your top 10 lists. I had a good turnout with over 30 lists received so far.

Then what is he doing? I really can't keep track of all this polls. 

It was supposed to be a hit and he didn't sign for royalties on it, so it implies his carelessness and not thinking ahead stopped him from making his situation better.Ugh, I'm still upset Llewyn Davis is getting so many snubs by the guilds and academy, it's such a great movie. (It is just out of the ordinary, it doesn't follow a typical film structure which is what makes it so good. It emulates actual life and has a lot to say about how prosperity isn't achievable and is just a long, random road leading to nowhere)Honestly, people say Llewyn Davis doesn't have much to say, but it has more to say about the American Situation and poverty today than any of the films it have seen have to say their themes. (Wolf and Fruitvale Station were the only two other films I thought really captured the depth of their themes represented this year without being overly obvious and in your face)

Inside Llewyn Davis does not have a message about the "American situation." You're reading too much into it. It's about failure. And that's not a worthwhile theme for a two hour film. The Coens are nihilists and to be honest it's becoming a little insufferable.