ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Just saw Jack Ryan. Could have been better but overall pretty decent. The movie theater I went to was packed but hardly anybody was in JR. I guess everyone was there to see RA.

Yeah, decent is the best way to describe it. What was your favorite part?

Yeah, decent is the best way to describe it. What was your favorite part?

The one that comes to my mind as a stand out is

the whole office building sequence while Keira is in the restaurant

I thought it was pretty thrilling.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Anyone else devastated by the new Maleficent trailer?

Honestly, don't care much for the movie. Don't hate it, but it just isn't something I think I will want to watch. Watched the teaser once, and haven't seen the new trailer yet.

UPDATE: SATURDAY 10:30 PM: Ride Along is on its way to smashing previous Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday box office records set by Cloverfield in 2008 to become the biggest MLK holiday opener ever, with what Universal is saying tonight looks to be a $47.7M four-day weekend. That sends its per screen average spinning to almost $18,000 ($17,812 to be exact). That certainly looked to be the case last night and this morning, but Universal cautiously lowballed.Every other distributor thought it would hit around $45M so it’s a couple of million higher than the rest of the town predicted and extraordinarily higher than expected only two days ago.Cloverfield‘s MLK opening was $46.1M and was also on 748 more screens thanRide Along. Will be watching the grosses on this one as I’m hearing that some theaters are adding a 2:10 AM screening which should be counted on the Sunday number. Chalk another one up for producer William Packer, the guy with the Midas touch these days as this the 5th film he’s produced that has opened to number one (Stomp the Yard, Think Like a Man, Takers and Obsessed). He apparently knows his marketing. Good thing that Uni chair Donna Langley locked him up at the studio in a first-look, three-year deal (both TV and film). The film opened on a perfect weekend and looks like nothing can knock it down next weekend either. Speaking of which,Lone Survivor is hauling it in this weekend as it looks to have a high percentage jump from last night, but Uni says it may pull in $10M or so tonight to push its four-day to $27.5M. Stay tuned. Will update as more numbers tumble in. Remember, these are only estimates.

• Like 8