baumer

Why do you dislike certain actors?

I often read posts from people who say they can't stand a certain actor.  I'm guilty of it myself.  For the most part I despise Gwyneth Paltrow.  Most of it is jealous towards her privileged life.  She writes recipes in cook books for people who could never afford to eat the way she does.  She was born into wealth and has never had to struggle a day in her life and this comes off in her personality.  She once called Steven Spielberg Uncle Monty in an interview, because he is her Godfather.  So that's why I didn't like her.  Then I saw her in Thanks for Sharing and because I liked her in that film, I have softened my hate of her.

But what causes us to despise someone?  I read that cast Knightley in Jack Ryan was a sore spot for some here because apparently there is a hate brigade for her.  What has she done to cause hate?

Fish is a different story as she hates people for strange reasons.  

So tell us who you hate as an actor or Hollywood person and why? 

Edited by Christmas baumer

I only don't really like the actors that I've read negative reports about in the real world. I won't dislike an actor for their acting abilities or on - screen annoyance.Examples Taylor Lautner (terrible actor, rich and women love him.) Do I dislike him? No, every interview I've ever seen him in, he's been completely down to earth and seems like a genuine nice guy.Alex Pettyfer (similar to Lautner, he's a terrible actor, slightly rich and I assume women love him) I dislike him because he's shown his arrogance on plenty of occasions during interviews and had arguments with his director on stage and even claimed he should be earning 10m+ per movie because 'he's good enough'. Apparently he is an asshole and seems like it.Christian Bale. After hearing that rant of his, I can't like the guy. Threatening someone on set then threatening to walk out which would inconvenience everyone working hard on that film just shows he's pretty arrogant. People have even tried having a laugh with him in interviews and on some occasions, he just sits their with a stuck up face.Keanue Reeves. (Terrible actor, rich, women used to love him, annoying on screen presence due to his terrible acting.) I think this guy is one of this most generous guys in Hollywood. I've read people saying they dislike Reeves and I can only assume they are oblivious to what's he's actually done behind the camera. Giving away 80m he made from the Matrix sequels to the people behind the camera because in his own words 'they are the real stars' is just unheard off in Hollywood. Has Lucas or even Speilberg done this? And they 10 times richer than Reeves.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Hmm, I don't hate any actors/actresses. But I do either dislike their acting styles or just not enjoying their performances most of the time. I'm pretty lukewarm towards Ed Norton, Christian Bale, Sean Penn and a few more in that regards. As for their personal lives and normal Hollywwod gossips, I don't really delve into those of people I don't care much for in the first place, so hardly any feelings either way. Heard about the Mark Wahlberg case recently, and that made me lose my respect for the guy. But nothing more serious than that.

• Like 2

I only don't really like the actors that I've read negative reports about in the real world. I won't dislike an actor for their acting abilities or on - screen annoyance.Examples Taylor Lautner (terrible actor, rich and women love him.) Do I dislike him? No, every interview I've ever seen him in, he's been completely down to earth and seems like a genuine nice guy.Alex Pettyfer (similar to Lautner, he's a terrible actor, slightly rich and I assume women love him) I dislike him because he's shown his arrogance on plenty of occasions during interviews and had arguments with his director on stage and even claimed he should be earning 10m+ per movie because 'he's good enough'. Apparently he is an asshole and seems like it.Christian Bale. After hearing that rant of his, I can't like the guy. Threatening someone on set then threatening to walk out which would inconvenience everyone working hard on that film just shows he's pretty arrogant. People have even tried having a laugh with him in interviews and on some occasions, he just sits their with a stuck up face.Keanue Reeves. (Terrible actor, rich, women used to love him, annoying on screen presence due to his terrible acting.) I think this guy is one of this most generous guys in Hollywood. I've read people saying they dislike Reeves and I can only assume they are oblivious to what's he's actually done behind the camera. Giving away 80m he made from the Matrix sequels to the people behind the camera because in his own words 'they are the real stars' is just unheard off in Hollywood. Has Lucas or even Speilberg done this? And they 10 times richer than Reeves.

That's the first time I heard those stories of Bale and Reeves. When did Bale do that? I do notice that the guy comes off not entirely friendly in interview and such, but that sounds like a douche-ish thing to do. I like Keanu Reeves. He's not the best of actors. Okay, terrible is more like it. But he always seems to be really down to earth. And he has that sincerity and likability when you look at him. Wow, giving away his money to the BTS people? That's crazy.
  • Like 1

I only dislike them if they've done some truly despicable things. I'll watch their movies, but I'll still have that feeling in the back of my head. Mark Wahlberg, Sean Penn, and Roman Polanski are probably the three that bother me the most. Mel Gibson leaves me in a confused state. That's Riggs god dammit. But then he's kind of an asshole.

If I disliked any actors (Downey Jr, Streep and a few more that I cannot remember) it's because of their fans who went full retard.  NEVER. GO. FULL. RETARD.

I mean, look at Richzang. When you see him start ranting about goddess Meryl you start despising both of them.

And, just to throw that outta there. Anyone who hates Keanu for anything than his acting is a heartless bastard.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 6

I only don't really like the actors that I've read negative reports about in the real world. I won't dislike an actor for their acting abilities or on - screen annoyance.ExamplesTaylor Lautner (terrible actor, rich and women love him.) Do I dislike him? No, every interview I've ever seen him in, he's been completely down to earth and seems like a genuine nice guy.Alex Pettyfer (similar to Lautner, he's a terrible actor, slightly rich and I assume women love him) I dislike him because he's shown his arrogance on plenty of occasions during interviews and had arguments with his director on stage and even claimed he should be earning 10m+ per movie because 'he's good enough'. Apparently he is an asshole and seems like it.Christian Bale. After hearing that rant of his, I can't like the guy. Threatening someone on set then threatening to walk out which would inconvenience everyone working hard on that film just shows he's pretty arrogant. People have even tried having a laugh with him in interviews and on some occasions, he just sits their with a stuck up face.Keanue Reeves. (Terrible actor, rich, women used to love him, annoying on screen presence due to his terrible acting.) I think this guy is one of this most generous guys in Hollywood. I've read people saying they dislike Reeves and I can only assume they are oblivious to what's he's actually done behind the camera. Giving away 80m he made from the Matrix sequels to the people behind the camera because in his own words 'they are the real stars' is just unheard off in Hollywood. Has Lucas or even Speilberg done this? And they 10 times richer than Reeves.

Fantastic post Jessie.  

Can someone help me understand what it is about Sean Penn that they dislike?  He seems to be charitable and he doesn't like the invasion of privacy.  Sure he's thrown punches at paparazzi but isn't that something they kind of deserve?  So what else is it about him?

That's the first time I heard those stories of Bale and Reeves. When did Bale do that? I do notice that the guy comes off not entirely friendly in interview and such, but that sounds like a douche-ish thing to do. I like Keanu Reeves. He's not the best of actors. Okay, terrible is more like it. But he always seems to be really down to earth. And he has that sincerity and likability when you look at him. Wow, giving away his money to the BTS people? That's crazy.

The Christian Bale rant is easy to find, just search it in Google and you should find it pretty easily. Reeves also took a large pay cut on Devils Advocate just so they could afford Al Pacino. His generosity reminds be of Vince from Entourage lol, if you've seen that then you'll know what I mean :).I also hear negative stories about Russel Crowe (obviously) yet every time I see him being interviewed or on a tv show, he seems like a nice funny guy. Maybe he's just a really good actor lol.
  • Like 2

Can someone help me understand what it is about Sean Penn that they dislike?  He seems to be charitable and he doesn't like the invasion of privacy.  Sure he's thrown punches at paparazzi but isn't that something they kind of deserve?  So what else is it about him?

Yeah I know nothing about him either, he just looks unlikeable lol