Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

Am I too jaded now when I see a global launch of 220 mill and think ho hum? This is the fourth biggest global launch of the year and it pales in comparison to a film like BD2, which had no 3D and no IMAX in many markets. I just don't see this 220 mill opening as being anything but soft. But all the reports are gushing over the opening like it did something special. This is HOBBIT. It was expected to open big, at least this big. I just wonder if the 300 mill WW launches of big franchises has gotten me too jaded now or if this is really a very soft opening.

• Like 1

Oh, don`t be so impatient. You know that WB is a little busy trying to find some record that TH smashed, like Banana Republic or something.

Posted Image

In the northern part of Alotau, there was one theater that The Hobbit set a record at. :rofl:

• Like 1

Am I too jaded now when I see a global launch of 220 mill and think ho hum? This is the fourth biggest global launch of the year and it pales in comparison to a film like BD2, which had no 3D and no IMAX in many markets. I just don't see this 220 mill opening as being anything but soft. But all the reports are gushing over the opening like it did something special. This is HOBBIT. It was expected to open big, at least this big. I just wonder if the 300 mill WW launches of big franchises has gotten me too jaded now or if this is really a very soft opening.

It is a combination of both :lol:
  • Like 1

The opening here was very weak. The theater today at 1:30 PM was like 20% full. One of my friends was really sad about it. I am extremely disappointed with the results here. It has the biggest number of theaters of all-time here and can't even sold half of our actual OW record number? That is just painfully bad.

IN DECEMBER!!!!

Posted Image

In the northern part of Alotau, there was one theater that The Hobbit set a record at. :rofl:

And you call yourself a box office "expert". Everyone know there's only 1 cinema in PNG.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/papuanewguinea/9110389/Patrons-at-Papua-New-Guineas-only-cinema-told-to-leave-grenades-at-door.html