Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

DKR crosses $500m internationally for Warner Bros

24 August, 2012 | By Jeremy Kay

The biggest international performer in Christopher Nolan’s trilogy has now reached $501.1m and combines with the $413.9m North American gross for a $915m worldwide running total.

It will have a fight on its hands to reign supreme for the sixth consecutive weekend as Sony Pictures Releasing International (SPRI) opens The Amazing Spider-Man this weekend in China. That territory alone combined with holdovers could push the superhero action saga to the top of the pile.

The webslinger stands at $440m and faces stiff competition from stablemate Total Recall , whichhas grossed $65.3m to date and opens in Australia and Germany.

SPRI also opens the action thriller Premium Rush day-and-date with North America in a handful of Caribbean territories.

Universal Pictures International’s comedy smash Ted has grossed $144.6m while The Bourne Legacy on an early $33.6m opens in Mexico and Argentina.

ParaNorman on $8.7m debuts in nine territories including Germany, Russia, France and French-speaking Switzerland

Paramount Pictures International’s The Dictator opens in Mexico and Brazil and stands at $110.4m while Shadow Dancer arrives in the UK.

DreamWorks Animation’s Madagascar 3 has grossed $358.2m and opens in Italy and Italian-speaking Switzerland. Katy Perry: Part Of Me arrives in Germany and Singapore.

Fox International’s Ice Age: Continental Drift stands at $652.9m, while

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Prometheus have grossed $44.5m and $206.9m, respectively.

Prometheusopens in Japan and The Three Stooges arrives in the UK. The Watch opens in Russia and Singapore.

Bravehas crossed $185m through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International.

• Like 2

Bourne surprises with biggest OW of the franchise, Expendables 2 continues to pull big crowds, Brave still strong with families in one excellent weekend over here.

That's not it's opening weekend. That's two weeks including weekdays. It has staggered release dates. That's the cume since Aug 5th, I think when it first opened in the Philippines. Edited by ECSTASY

That's not it's opening weekend. That's two weeks including weekdays. It has staggered release dates. That's the cume since Aug 5th, I think when it first opened in the Philippines.

Read the whole sentence :lol:

Read the whole sentence :lol:

:lol: Oh you mean Portugal, my bad. I thought you meant that article. You said it was gonna be big. That's cool. It needs to have a big overseas to get that sequel. Though I don't know how much Portugal can contribute to the cause.

:lol: Oh you mean Portugal, my bad. I thought you meant that article. You said it was gonna be big. That's cool. It needs to have a big overseas to get that sequel. Though I don't know how much Portugal can contribute to the cause.

All markets help contribute. It's the smaller ones that add those 1-2 mill grosses that help shape the total. :)
  • Like 1

:lol: Oh you mean Portugal, my bad.I thought you meant that article. You said it was gonna be big. That's cool. It needs to have a big overseas to get that sequel. Though I don't know how much Portugal can contribute to the cause.

It is a small market, but it will likely do more than 1M.
  • Like 1

The ongoing heroics of Ice Age: Continental Drift has been the primary driver and indeed the Blue Sky Studios smash remains a potent force at the box office where it brought in a further $7.6m at the weekend to reach $665m

Prometheus has also played its part in the company pantheon, grossing $215.5m and counting following an $11.7m weekend haul. It opened in Japan on a muscular $9.6m from 768 screens including previews to usurp The Avengers as the number one Hollywood release and is set to arrive in China and Italy on Sept 2 and Sept 14, respectively.

The Dark Knight Rises meanwhile continued to rule the weekend box office for the sixth weekend in a row, adding an estimated $15.3m through Warner Bros Pictures International from 6,900 screens in 62 markets to push the running total to $519m.

Christopher Nolan’s Batman finale ranks as the biggest film of the year-to-date in the UK on $82.1m after six weeks and has amassed $41.9m in Australia after six, $32.2m in France after five, $30.7m in Germany after five and $25.5m in Brazil after five. It opens in China on Monday (Aug 27) and Italy two days later.

Rurouni Kenshin,a co-production between Warner Entertainment Japan and C&I Entertainment, opened in Japan on $6.9m on 329 screens including previews.

Pixar’s Brave brought in a further $14.6m from 48 territories through Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International, boosting the tally to $212.3m. It stands at $442.4m worldwide and ranks as the eleventh Pixar release to cross the $400m mark.

The Avengers stands at $874m internationally and $1.49bn worldwide.

Total Recall has reached $79.5m through Sony Pictures Releasing International following a $13.8m weekend haul. It opened top in Australia on $2.5m from 355 and claimed silver medal in its first weekend in Germany on $2.1m from 578. The sci-fi reboot also opened top in the Philippines on $640,000 from 154.

Thriller Premium Rush opened day-and-date with North America in Malaysia and Taiwan and generated $1.3m from the two markets.

Madagascar 3 grossed $11.7m through Paramount Pictures International powered by a magnificent $7.7m number one launch in Italy from 808 sites over five days. The running total has climbed to $369m. The tally in Japan stands at $22.1m after four weekends.

The Dictator stands at $112.7m and opened in Brazil in third place on $1.2m from 223 theatres and arrived in Mexico on $1m from 452 to also rank third.

•Universal Pictures International’s comedy smash Ted added $9.5m from 2,900 theatres in 31 territories for an international running total of $155m. It stayed top in Germany for the fourth consecutive session on $2.5m from 606 sites for $23.8m. There are 27 territories to go. :o

The Bourne Legacy grossed $9.4m from 2,600 in 24 for $43.9m and launched in second place in Mexico on $1.4m from 431. The UK generated $2.6m from 499 for $12.4m after two weekends.

The Expendables 2 added $3.1m in Russia for $14.1m and $1m in Italy for $4.3m, both in the second weekend. (where's the total?)

ParaNorman grossed $3.9m from 2,230 in 17 for an early $12.5m and opened in Russia on $1.1m from 480 3D screens. Step Up Revolution has amassed $16.7m from Universal territories.

Edited by ECSTASY

There are a tiny info in the buttom

Yes, but it was like this in 2010 also. Too many foreign distributors. So we get snippets of what it did but no real total until Tuesday.

Yes, but it was like this in 2010 also. Too many foreign distributors. So we get snippets of what it did but no real total until Tuesday.

Oh wow didn't know that. Instead of one distributor like Fox Int'l or UIP they have to wait on all of them to report. Gotcha.
  • Like 1

I don't think TDKR will win this weekend. Expendables was released in these markets:Belgium 22 August 2012 France 22 August 2012 Iceland 22 August 2012 Sweden 22 August 2012 Bulgaria 24 August 2012 India 24 August 2012 Lithuania 24 August 2012 Poland 24 August 2012