Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

In that THR article is said this: "In Spain, Warner Bros. Espana’s release of Lo Impossible (The Impossible), director Juan Antonio Bayona’s action adventure costarring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor, dominated the market for the third consecutive weekend, drawing $8.7 million from 643 screens and lifting its market cume to $34.3 million."

Or the 8.7 million weekend is wrong or the 34.3 million total is wrong. Last Sunday cume was 25.8 million $, so I suppose 8.7 million is the cume in the whole week. Anyway, the numbers of this movie are just :mouthdropped:

I am loving run of Lo Impossible in Spain. I love it when a movie makes tons of money from one market and beats smaler US movies on the WW chart from that one market. It happens with many Chinese movies when they have hits.

Agreed. It is really funny to have this kind of surprises. It has happened with Intouchables recently too. In fact it seems it is having incredible results in Australia right now.

Second biggest opening week of the year :o :o Over 182.000 tickets were sold between Friday and Wednesday here!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!Paranormal Activity 4 may be on track to become the biggest OW of the franchise here. The second holds that record. The third flopped here, so this fourth chapter is having a big increase.

• Like 1