iceroll

Looking (HBO)

The wedding episode was especially superb (the final scene with Patrick's father damn :( ), though the finale was great too. This is pretty much the same situation as with many other good shows - first 3-4 episodes are rather average and then it picks up. All in all, I think this turned out much better than most expected and if the second season sustains the quality of second half of the first one, it may be one of HBO's best shows.

If anyone's not sure, totlly give it a chance. It's just 8 episodes 30 minutes each, so not much time wasted if you don't like it compared to other shows where each season is 20+ episodes each 60 minutes long. But I think it will be surprising and worth most people's time. Ohh and it's infinitely better than Queer as Folk.

And yeah, Jonathan Groff/Patrick is a very strong lead, something this show absolutely needed and they totally succeeded getting it. He can easily carry the whole thing, great character and great performance

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 1

My eyes !!!! My poor eyes!!! So I'm wondering do you guys find this to be accurate reflection of the life of a group of gay friends? And when is it suppose to be 80s? 90s? 00s?Kinda feel for the lead guy he got dumped left and right ha ha ha

Hmmm its certainly different from my usual fare, lol I feel edgy watching this (rolls eyes) So yeah definitely on a learning curve , kinda like going to ball and seeing how the other half lives They talk a lot about sex and show a lot of sex but I like the relationship/ friendship of patrick core group His bf is nice , too bad he's stringing him along coz he tots has a flirty thing going on with his boss lol I love dom character esp where his story is going only friendship? with scott bakula hmmm Nearly done with the show about to watched ep 7

• Like 1

ha ha ha that finale was something else ! 

i knew patrick had a thing for his boss , but i had no idea the boss had it that bad for him and now they inevitably get to the "now what" part  , to be continued...

i found it interesting that patrick let his boss butt fuck him (sorry i don't know what word i should use :ph34r: ) but he was very reluctant to let his bf do so even though he said he wanted him to eventually, i think it speaks volume about the connection and genuine attraction he has for his boss , is that like extremely intimate sex act?

i was very sad for his bf though their scene was heartbreaking , i felt for the latino guy (i'm so shitty with names  -_- ) but at least he was realistic and saw that patrick wasnt or couldnt commit, and really what could patrick say to him after cheating on him ,at that point i think he realized his friends were right esp augustine about his bf and boss situation 

augustine is another guy who is super complex lol , i swear 'ive seen his bf somewhere but i couldnt figure out where the entire time i watched the show sigh

love patrick and his mom conversation at the wedding and his father telling him "i hope you won't want an expensive wedding too" lol

hope season 2 will have more episodes , there needs to be more shows about gays and lesbians on tv and not just the token characters or secondary characters who have no impact on prime plot 

Wedding wpisode was probably the strongest in the series, that Patrick father's line struck me as well in particular Evenstar.

As for the spoiler, I think it's more about Richie's influence regarding the subject than Patrick having more/serious feelings for his boss. This issue is deep (puns lol), while with some guys it may be purely about preference (just as not all women enjoy taking it through the backdoor contrary to what straight guys would want to think) with others it may be just that - social stigma being in receptive position (even if only briefly) in bed.

Next season will have 10 episodes, Doris is getting bumped to regular status so she will have her own storyline. There will also be few new characters + Richie & Kevin getting regular status too.

I saw one episode of this where the Jonathan Groff character and the person he was hooking up with were about to get it on and Groff said "oh" and that he was "disappointed" when he saw the guy's uncut penis. I screamed "WHUT WHO DOES THAT?!" at my TV.

I saw one episode of this where the Jonathan Groff character and the person he was hooking up with were about to get it on and Groff said "oh" and that he was "disappointed" when he saw the guy's uncut penis. I screamed "WHUT WHO DOES THAT?!" at my TV.

I think he was disappointed that it wasn't uncut. Pay attention to the details that matter bro  :P

• Like 1