JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Trans looks horrible and are getting even worse reviews.Skip that and make it a CB double :)

Thats what i did on thursday.. damn that was fun :)  

Started with TASM 2 in 3D in Gold Class (had lunch in this one) and during the credits decided to book CA2 in 2D VMax all @ Chermside....  which was starting about 5 minutes after i booked it !!!!! Marvel madness :) (almost tempted to do the star wars marathons too when they happen but i don't think i can fit them in!

• Like 1

1.44m start isn't bad... I can't locate what CA2 did on opening day but i suspect it's in a similar range. hoping for a 6m to 8m OW (8m 5 day including monday ?) If it dipped under 5m however, i think we have a serious problem on our hands.... Given we have anzac day weekend coming up i am thinking around 20m finish if the 6m+ opening holds up. my top 3: 4 day weekend prediction 1. The Amazing Spider-man 2: Rise of Electro - 6.8m2. The Lego Movie - 5m ?3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 3m huge weekend if this all holds together ?

I wouldn't be surprised at a slight increase for Lego. If it were a normal weekend, it would probably be flat/decrease slightly because of back to school prep, but I guess people have Monday for that.

Rth, on 05 Jul 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:Posted Image

TASM should do at least 1.3 for wed (not far behind but 2nd for the day to IA4) be 4th biggest opening day 2012 behind (TA,THG,SH)
with the football last night, roughly post 6pm TASM business NSW/QLD 32%, compared to Vic 49%

other SM openings
OD/WE/Cume
SM 1.7/10.6/30.8
SM2 1.6/7.1/24.4
(wed OP)
SM3 1.8/9.5/24.0

Hey guys don't forget that DHD's # for TASM2 of 1.44m is in USD.  which means it's closer to 1.55m AUD and from reading the reports it's the biggest opening day of 2014 too which should put the weekend above CA2.

The Other Woman is also performing really well at my work. I could easily see a $3m+ weekend with our numbers.

That would be quite impressive.

Probably. The theatre seemed pretty quiet generally. It's also a 4 day weekend so people go away. This location, Shellharbour, is classified as a "holiday" area so the shops are allowed to open today. Although people actually holiday further to the south.

Bad start in OZ, 5.2m for the 4 day long weekend. The original opened with 7.5m.

TASM opened on Wednesday last time, so the comparable 4-day weekend in AUD will basically be the same, if not a bit higher for TASM2.First 5 days should easily see TASM2 take the lead.

Bad start in OZ, 5.2m for the 4 day long weekend. The original opened with 7.5m.

Firstly the 5.2m is in USD. it's closer to 5.6m. Second. Australia is normally a 4 day weekend. The long weekend will be the 5 day including Monday. TASM2 has nice advantage from. About half the country is still on holidays and has the Anzac Day weekend coming up still (this weekend coming). This opening should be enough given that to top TASM. Still I am a little dissapointed as I was wanting an opening up around 7m. Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 1