JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

^ Agreed - i think it can do it still - would love to see say a 20 or 30% hold this weekend coming and have a go at passing titanic but i think it's now out of reach... still low to mid fifties is well within range right now. i'm locking in 45m from here and 50m is frankly look very good right now - in fact I would say that we can lock in it. Usually you can double the current weekends gross and add it to the current total and it gives a pretty good indication of where this is heading (assuming standard holds ...) and that folks is 50m right there... so barring a complete collapse which seems unlikely at this point... 50m is happening for sure now.

Dictator was doing pretty good business last night, outsold the avengers by a factor of about 4 (same ammount of sessions). I would say a 700-1m opening day rth?

As per MPDAA, $800K OD - less than HALF of the OD of Bruno.

Borat and Bruno were both very popular in english-speaking countries. Sacha Baron Cohen is very popular in both Australia and the UK

Ali G really helped fuel Borat, and the massive success and popularity of that fueled Bruno to a decent OD.

I think its a good start. Should do at least $4m for the 4 day weekend. Might be at $5m by Sunday. You would expect Australia to be the 3rd biggest market outside of the UK and Domestic. Australia was #2 market for Ali G with $4m. #3 for Borat with $18.5m and #3 for Bruno with $14m.

That;s good!

Looking back at that, it may have been a bit too optimistic.Possibly $4-5m - which still is good anywayEdit: Just checked: Bruno had a whopping $7.5m 5-day OW (1.65m OD & 5.85m 4-day), so its looking to drop off considerably. Edited by Robertron