JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

18 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

Not disagreeing but look at the 11th Dec chart (incomplete as it is). Tenets total has reduced by 200k? From 14.9m to 14.7m approx. All totals on the numbers are USD converted back to AUD. works for weekly numbers but overall totals don't work. See my post above from screen Australia. Tenet is over 15.4m as of 18 Dec. 

Because actual numbers for that weekend are posted yet. Usually they aren't that late, usually by Tuesday Weekend numbers are posted.

On 12/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, lab276 said:

Weak numbers all round, especially compared to last weekend. But I wonder whether there might not be a mistake tbh, Rams and Honest Thief have dropped out of the top 10, but Trolls World Tour remains? Despite being out on home video already? And Home Alone and Die Hard have appeared in the top 10 in the second weekends of their reissue? I don't know.

There's also that fact that previews aren't reported Croods 2 previews (it would have been #1) and the Australia The Dry weekend previews  and WW1984  Wed previews for end of week. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

Not disagreeing but look at the 11th Dec chart (incomplete as it is). Tenets total has reduced by 200k? From 14.9m to 14.7m approx. All totals on the numbers are USD converted back to AUD. works for weekly numbers but overall totals don't work. See my post above from screen Australia. Tenet is over 15.4m as of 18 Dec. 

True ,Tenet wkending 23/12 over $au15.7 (weekend 15.59)

wkending 16/12 15.4m (weekend $au15.28m)

wkending 9/12 15m

Boxofficemojo getting more data now as well, but it only seems to be in $us

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rthtr said:

wkending 9/12 15m

The Numbers hasn't updated Australia for few weeks now. When they update, those are in AUD numbers. 

The numbers we see for Dec 11 is USD total reported by Warner & other studios.

Having kept track of how the sessions were doing through the day, I have to say, Miranda has been the MVP in Sydney. Every single Gold Class session sold out, at least two VMax sessions sold out and the rest were at like 80-90% full too. George Street was less impressive than I was expecting, but I think it got kneecapped to some extent by the Premier saying for people to please stay out of the CBD. Suburban theatres may have overperformed to some extent because of that.

They're missing a trick by not converting some of the old 90s screens in Liverpool to Gold Class IMO. I enjoy going to them still, but they are looking pretty tired now.

Edited by lab276

11 hours ago, Rthtr said:

wkending 9/12 15m

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The Numbers hasn't updated Australia for few weeks now. When they update, those are in AUD numbers. 

The numbers we see for Dec 11 is USD total reported by Warner & other studios.

21 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Because actual numbers for that weekend are posted yet. Usually they aren't that late, usually by Tuesday Weekend numbers are posted.

Makes sense.  Still a little confusing when the numbers aren't up to date. I'm guessing there won't be much official reporting till after new years now. 

@Rthtr Any word on Boxing Day?

@lab276 Saw WW84 at Gold Class George St yesterday afternoon. It was pretty quiet inside the foyer although the session was almost full. 

Event Cinemas have transitioned to the Service NSW App check-in system. Works much better then the private QR code systems as it has a check-out function. All venues must use it come January 1. 

any early thoughts on how boxing day performed here.... @Rthtr @charlie Jatinder  - kinda hoping we see an reasonable uptick (not expecting anywhere near previous boxing day results but still hopeful.  I haven't had time to catch WW84 as yet though i'm not the biggest DC fan so really isn't high on my agenda to see (though i did enjoy the first film)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Greetings Aussie Forum,

How is the new (renovated) Sydney IMAX coming along?

It won’t be until the last quarter of next year at the earliest. The builder has gone into administration and it’s slowed construction. 

Bookmark this thread. 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/construction-darling-harbour-the-ribbon-imax-site-24st-90m-mixed-u-c.1524704/page-110#post-171204116

Apparently the W Hotel is scheduled to open in January 2022. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

It won’t be until the last quarter of next year at the earliest. The builder has gone into administration and it’s slowed construction. 

Bookmark this thread. 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/construction-darling-harbour-the-ribbon-imax-site-24st-90m-mixed-u-c.1524704/page-110#post-171204116

Apparently the W Hotel is scheduled to open in January 2022. 

Good to know. I plan on taking a trip to Sydney in 2022, and I'd like to plan it around a big MCU movie and watch it here. Currently thinking around Thor: Love & Thunder. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Aus - 10/195

India - 1/36

:wave:

I guess India wasn't going to repeat it's adelaide performance ;) 10 / 36 (well technically 9 / 36 + 1 retired hurt but still)

:flamewar::ph34r::Venom:

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Just to clarify I am Team Australia here. Don't really like the arrogant fucks of BCCI team.

Nice. Hopefully we can route em in the morning so we can finish it off again.....