Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Elessar, they are not learning. >There are films like JP, LOTR, and Avengers and there is a James Cameron

event film.. Not on the same playing field. (Though JP is pretty damn big though)

If you ask people what is there favorite film almost none says Avatar, you got a lot more chance to hear LOTR or Starwars Titanic.

And ps. You can see the high rating on IMDB of avatar.

Lol anti-james cameron fanboys  with their multiple fake accounts dont really count pepsa.. Shame on you for mentioning that BS

Its why films like your  reboot SM2 arent at 30% lol..  I go by critics and Users critics on real sites like Rotten Tomatoes

and Ebert for how great Avatar was.

And its your film that will fall or barely improve. >Avatar 2 will set records for DEC OW, fastest to 1billion and 2billion , and likely become the first 3billion dollar grosser.

Get that tissue ready when you dont beat Avengers and possibly fall under HP 7 sequel for part 2 :)

Just for saying the LOTR beats avatars ass in all ratings....

RT beaten (by the audience and the critics)

Imdb beaten (and more votes for ROTK)

Metacritic beaten (by the audience and the critics)

So no it’s not that good, the movie was OK but not amazing. 

100+ films awards  says the world doesnt agree with you ;)

• Like 1

You're just WRONG again.. So long as the formula stays the same with TA2 as it did with TA right down to the casting and so long as Joss Whedon remains onbaord through the 3rd movie, no way does this movie make less than the 1st movie.. It has the exact same audience and this same audience will be the one's to turn out in droves next May for this and you'd have to be a total Jughead to not see this.. You're riding Cameron's Jock too much Kal and the proof of this is that you honestly think AVATAR 2 is going to gross over 2 Billon in 4 weeks.. You have 0 Kal, 0 Concept as to just how much $$$ that really is and how hard that is to make in that short of time...

1) Say that 3D gave Avatar what it did, AOU would have still lost sinking to 550M-575M (ball park) without 3D.

2) Why does remaining onboard with the 3rd movie have any bearing on AOU's gross?

3) So long as the formula stays the same with A2 as it did with Avatar right down to the casting and so long as James Cameron remains onbaord through the 3rd movie, no way does this movie make less than the 1st movie.. See what I did there.

4) Why can't Avatar have the same audience?

5) In the same time frame Avatar made 1.34B, if 2B is to high more like 1.5B-1.7B sound about right.

Just for saying the LOTR beats avatars ass in all ratings....

RT beaten (by the audience and the critics)

Imdb beaten (and more votes for ROTK)

Metacritic beaten (by the audience and the critics)

So no it’s not that good, the movie was OK but not amazing. 

So what?

Lol anti-james cameron fanboys  with their multiple fake accounts dont really count pepsa.. Shame on you for mentioning that BS

Its why films like your  reboot SM2 arent at 30% lol..  I go by critics and Users critics on real sites like Rotten Tomatoes

and Ebert for how great Avatar was.

And its your film that will fall or barely improve. >Avatar 2 will set records for DEC OW, fastest to 1billion and 2billion , and likely become the first 3billion dollar grosser.

Get that tissue ready when you dont beat Avengers and possibly fall under HP 7 sequel for part 2 :)

No dubble account, to be honest I don't give a **** about Avengers.... not a dam thing but I do care about LOTR (Yeah I am a big fan boy of that serie.) I am not frustrated because avatar was bad, just because LOTR was the greatest movie in movie history and didn't make the most money ever. But like I sad i won't find it disepointing if avatar makes 2 times avengers (just don't think it will do) but if it does it will be a awesome run to follow up. So I will enjoy watching that run with you. But the only think i want to say is, LOTR IS THE BEST MOVIE SERIE EVER MADE! 

Top 250 #9 | Won 11 Oscars. Another 122 wins & 77 nominations. See more awards »

Won 3 Oscars. Another 58 wins & 74 nominations. See more awards »

And on Rotten Tomatoes Return Of The King got like 34M votes avatar 1.3M so that is a huge diference. Btw your right avatar is a great movie but don't mess with LOTR XD 

So I hope you are right and avatar makes 3B, that run would be awesome.

Don't you guys ever get bored with the same god damn argument going on in this thread?, its so tedious. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this is the worst thread in this whole forum. And Kal and BKB (and Neo) arguing back and forth for months (and what will be years) about the same thing and regurgitating the same points over and over again is embarrassing levels of ridiculous. I come in here to try and catch up on what's going on with the Avatar sequels and want to burn my eyes out and nuke my brain because of them and their endless walls of text and nonsense posts. Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

Seriously, this is the worst thread in this whole forum. And Kal and BKB (and Neo) arguing back and forth for months (and what will be years) about the same thing and regurgitating the same points over and over again is embarrassing levels of ridiculous. I come in here to try and catch up on what's going on with the Avatar sequels and want to burn my eyes out and nuke my brain because of them and their endless walls of text and nonsense posts.

You will know when there is news.

No problem. We'll be discussing it here.

Amen I love when FTF posts bs, like anyone cares.. This a forum for debating Avatar and discussions and arguments.. Most intellectuals, movie fans and geeks alike always enjoy our topics neo.. Cant please everyone it seems.. :)

Amen!

• Like 1

Avatar is one of the greatest adventure films of all time.

And we will send naysayers for the sequel being as big as the first a very humbling message.

James Cameron and most importantly his fans can always break the current limits of the ULtra blockbuster!! Amen!

How could he not be? Paxton just gained even more points in my book, if that's even possible.

Posted Image

Really hope the  rumours of Cameron bringing back Trudy, and micheal Bien and Bill Paxton coming to the cast between movies 2 and 3 are all through. Micheal Bien was almost cast in the first by the  way.

He actually used Micheal to do readings with actors during the casting processs, but since Sigourney weaver was already on board he proably didnt want the alien  comparisons for movie 1.. The sequels are so god damn big , he can now bring  in any of his talented friends that he wants to be part of the Pandora ride.

I truly hope Bill is in Part 2. Micheal can join Movie 2 in my book as well(Micheal Biegn was i n Camerons Abyss, Aliens, Terminator and Terminator2 Special Edition Versions)

You're just WRONG again.. So long as the formula stays the same with TA2 as it did with TA right down to the casting and so long as Joss Whedon remains onbaord through the 3rd movie, no way does this movie make less than the 1st movie.. It has the exact same audience and this same audience will be the one's to turn out in droves next May for this and you'd have to be a total Jughead to not see this.. You're riding Cameron's Jock too much Kal and the proof of this is that you honestly think AVATAR 2 is going to gross over 2 Billon in 4 weeks.. You have 0 Kal, 0 Concept as to just how much $$$ that really is and how hard that is to make in that short of time...

Not 2billion in 4 weeks , 2billion in 5-6 weeks I think is more likely.

It'll  set the record though for the fastest to 1billion and 1.5 billion and fastest  to 2 billion for sure though.

It was on nearly 3500 theaters which would be around 7000+ screens. Screens =/= theaters.

found and insane facts of how much smaller the release of Avatar 1 was to big films of today Domestically and WW, but it beat all these film by 1B to nearly 2Billion bucks!! Wow. Thanks Neo for that info..

Still betting on Avengers2 marvel fans?  Think it over :P.. Avatar 2 is going to be in Avengers level screens  this time around..Heh heh

I'm not saying I agree with you, but the question is: does it matter?

Sure these days for normal Hollywood blockbusters and sequels anticipation is the biggest thing ever for the boxoffice success, but Avatar sequels ain't normal Hollywood blockbusters and sequels. Anticipation has never been a priority for Cameron's films. He managed to make the not-so-anticipated movie the highest grossing of all time and he did twice 12 years apart. We can find all the excuses we want to explain the first one, like he got lucky and teen girls just couldn't get enough of Leo, but if he faced a whole new generation of movie goers 12 years later and did it again, there's no excuses. There is simply no other man on this planet knows better than him on how to connect with GA. And if not making a feature film in 12 years didn't make him lose his touch with the GA , what makes you think 6 years will suddenly do?

Wow  I think Avengers and Sw7 fans need to burn this statement into their heads Vc2002 . Your the  man..

I mean really, what they think all these locked in movie ticket buyers are just going to suddenly up and die..lol

Introducing--The Avatar II  vs  the Risers in the Box office Game..(MOS2, AVengers II, SW VII, Transformers IV)

Game ends 3mths before the first of the Contenders Debuts. So get your entries in and adjust them accordingly .We are rocking!!

Grandprize winner  who predicts Avatar and Avengers 2 the most accurately gets a Sony PSP Vista or Cash eqivalent where available.

Top 5 get $20 Paypal and Bragging Rights  and can lord it over the pretenders- I will also try to include Avatar 2 items for winners.

Grandprize winner gets a Sony PSP or Cash eqivalent where available.

You must come very close to Avatar 2's domestic and  WW gross, and that of Avengers 2, SW7, MOS 2, finally Tally.. Enjoy the Game!!

Kal:

840 Mil (Cameron aim to give us more tho lol)  161M OW, OS an astounding 2.7B.     3.6B WW
Avengers 2 for oblivion level loss to Avatar 2 predict --- $230M OW, 540M Domestic, 1.02B OS-1.53B WW
SW7 --580M, 1.1B OS(1.6 ,  MOS II 650M Domestic, 1.1( 1.8B  WW)
Transformers IV 340M, 1.09 B OS, 1.35B WW

Neo:

Avatar 2:  OW 133M  790M/3.29B WW
SW VII:  35/86/52/37/175/18/17/18/11/22/27/22/71/17/16/16/14/ 26/25/15/66/645/1B/1.645B

OW: 175M 4-day: 193M (-51.5%)  5-day: 210M 6-day: 228M 7-day: 239M  2nd wknd: 71M (-59.5%) 10-day: 310M  3rd wknd: 66M (-7%) 17-day: 376M      

BvS: 38/96/64/52/212/569/895/1.464B

AOU: 34/106/82/67/255/706/1.25B/1.956

TF: AOE: 10/55/48/39/142/370/1.01B/1.38B

Bballman 2.7B WW

Tarzan 800M domestic, OW 150M,  2.7B OS--3.5B WW

Dash R (Need your predict)

Walt Disney, on 18 Jan 2014

Avatar 2: OW 145M , Dom 495M, WW 2.8B
 Avengers 2: OW 215M, Dom 530M, WW 2.2B

Shaldun:
Predictions for the game (I'll consider they're all good movies)
Avengers 2 : OW 215M - DOM 540M - WW 1.8B$
Star Wars Episode VII : OW 160M - DOM 570M- WW 1.65B$
Batman/Superman : OW 205M - DOM 540M - WW 1.45B$
Avatar 2 : OW 130M - DOM 560M - WW 3B$

Kayom ...
0575 M - 0675 M domestic
2000 M - 2500 M overseas
2575 M - 3175 M worldwide

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
0550 M - 0625 M domestic
1000 M - 1350 M overseas
1550 M - 1975 M worldwide
SW Vll
0550 M - 0650 M domestic
0900 M - 1000 M overseas
1450 M - 1650 M worldwide
MOS ll
0450 M - 0550 M domestic
0650 M - 0800 M overseas
1100 M - 1350 M worldwide
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION
0300 M - 0400 M domestic
0800 M - 0950 M overseas
1100 M - 1350 M worldwide

The Stingray, on 27 Jan 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:
FINAL PREDICTIONS (because real box office predictors can predict the numbers from the title alone)
TF4
Domestic: 335-360m
Worldwide: 1.25b
TA2
Domestic: 535-560m
Worldwide: 1.4-1.7b
SW7
Domestic: 475-500m
Worldwide: 0.9-1.2b
BvS
Domestic: 385-410m
Worldwide: 1-1.3b
A2
Domestic: 550-575m
Worldwide: 1.8-2.1b

junkshop38

TF4:
DOM - 300-350m
WW - 1-1.3b

TA2:
DOM - 550-600m
WW - 1.5-1.7b

SW7:
DOM - 500-600m
WW - 1.2-1.5b

DOM - 600-700m
WW - 2.8-3b

BvS:
DOM - 300-400m
WW - 900-1.1b

Tarzan the man enters the Avatar vs the world Prize Game..Woohoo

Welcome home Tarzan
OW Predicts:
TF4 160 mil OW
TA2 240 mil
Star Wars 140 mil
BVS 180 mil

(Tarzan) Spongebob Squarepants, on 23 Feb 2014 - 3:30 PM, said:

For kal's game:(Domestic)
TF4 405 mil
TA2 670 mil
Star Wars 460 mil
BVS 450 mil.

(WW #s)

TF4 1.5 billion
TA2 2.0 billion
Star Wars 1.3 billion
BVS 1 billion

I thought over it and you know what, lets add Transformers 4 back since you know  it could it could get to 400M and over a billion  OS .

Its a contender with these guys.

Avatar 2 vs the world Prize Game Bump.. Predict and win the prizes!

Prize Game Bump  05/05/2014..

Edited by Telemachos

James Cameron gives video  Update on  Avatar 2: May 5th (Enjoy) Designing an entire Ecosystem and there will be other planets besides Pandora!!! WOW!!

Think that is old.