Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 1/16/2016 at 3:44 PM, IronJimbo said:

This thread is getting crowed and has way to many subjects.

When do we get an Avatar subforum?

Not happening... a subforum requires a franchise and a franchise requires more than one movie.

You guys need to create a thread in the 'a few of my favorite things' forum and talk all things Avatar related to your hearts content.

7 hours ago, Cochofles said:

How many of the billions of people you interviewed told you that?

Because I went to see the film 5 times while in theatres BECAUSE of the characters and their story. So that alone proves that your assessment is inaccurate.

No matter how much you tell yourself otherwise, if audiences don't care about what happens to the characters in any story, no amount of nostalgia, glowing fauna, or 3D will matter.

I know that "it was only the 3D/the nostalgia" is the stupid rationalizations that internet trolls tend to make to belittle the success of Avatar and TFA, and it's become a troll mantra now, but that's not how real people in the real world connect to stories and tales. The essence of any story is the characters, and yes, that includes films like Transformers, which detractors love to bash with "clever" assertions like "It was only a plotless collection of explosions".

If you really, truly believe that films like AVATAR, TFA, and TRANSFORMESR make the movie they make because of technical stuff, you are deluding yourself.

yaaaaassss cochofles slay these hoes!!!

8 hours ago, Cochofles said:

nonThe funniest thing to me is that the biggest purveyors of the "AVATAR SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S UNORIGINAL AND DERIVATIVE AND IT'S ONLY ABOUT SPECTACLE AND SPECIAL EFFECTS!!" notion are huge fans and defenders of the Star Wars and Marvel franchises. Yep...those indie, special-effects-free bastions of originality, creativity, and character-driven unpredictability. :) 

None of them had the impact of Avatar on the world.  Sws anh definitely had great impact,  but even that film never had thousands on sucide watch. Changed the entire movie worlds views on 3d and how digital technology can truly evolve as a new form of makeup and artform. Hence our girl being the first to get nominated for Best actress and win some of the big awards for effectively breathing the life into a cgi character.  Even sws didn't get hundreds ofbmillions ofbpeoplr to give more money to the environment or impact the most poweful country to name mountains after the film.  Millions also found religion after seeing and feeling the spirituality injected by James Cameron.  Wow and this is just movie one dear cochofles, Jimbo, kayom and all our pandorian family. 

4 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

None of them had the impact of Avatar on the world.  Sws anh definitely had great impact,  but even that film never had thousands on sucide watch. Changed the entire movie worlds views on 3d and how digital technology can truly evolve as a new form of makeup and artform. Hence our girl being the first to get nominated for Best actress and win some of the big awards for effectively breathing the life into a cgi character.  Even sws didn't get hundreds ofbmillions ofbpeoplr to give more money to the environment or impact the most poweful country to name mountains after the film.  Millions also found religion after seeing and feeling the spirituality injected by James Cameron.  Wow and this is just movie one dear cochofles, Jimbo, kayom and all our pandorian family. 

The first? C'mon, man, give Andy Serkis his due.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cochofles said:

That's funny coming from someone who might possibly have a sockpuppet account himself...(DMan7)

I know right. Plus bkb has been banned for that on multiple platforms cochoflies.  Kal has never made a double acct, and never will.  Only time you would see me make an acct is under encouragement of friends to come on and protest when haters got control of forums and banned me.  We all loved how karma came back that time though.  Bkb has always broken rules with double Accts and you can tell Jimbo is clearly abdifferent but very cool passionate fan of jc. But hey who isn't in the real world.  I'm glad everyone is seeing dmans and bkbs similar posting style and trolling.  Bkb should never accuse anyone as hes the only silly cat that got banned on shh,  kj and both him and spider freak almost got the dreaded lowest of the low permanent banishment here.  Lol 

And thanks cochofles....actually this is the longest I've seen bkb posting without being kicked off. Most impressive. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RascarCapat said:

Come on Kal what are your sources.

Disney is building ONE theme area in Animal Kingdom not 3 !

Kal has a long reputation of posting news before it goes public.  Trust me Disney isn't the only one silly rabbit.  Both fox and a company in China are building resorts related to Avatar.  I'm trying to make big money in my field.  So that's all I will say on that matter.  Intel is also good on another Avatar worldwide sneak preview day is happening. And potential casting of Micheal Bien.  Yeehhaww

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

BKB has never been banned for double accounts. Let's make that clear.

A member here asked why bkb was back.  So I assume things were bad here with him. And you ask folks about his conduct on kj and hype (though shh, has really gone down the toilet lately)and from what im told and bom for misconduct and double Accts.  I just know folks here wanted him and spiderfreak banned for longer timeframes tele.   He keeps bothering our friend Jimbo saying he's me and that false accusation bs needs to stop especially with his past here. I hope you agree. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I would recommend more study but if you need to relax from a 12 hour study day then Pandora is a good place to be.

I think the film may trigger alpha states in the brain,  similarly to how many geniuses and normals use Bach and beteoven to push their minds to higher levels of thought and concentration for better problem solving.  Definitely worth fast forwarding to the more spiritual driven scenes and see if your mind feels better suited for studying Dajk.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The first? C'mon, man, give Andy Serkis his due.

Oh shit.... Haha.. Okay I stand corrected... Did Mr Andy serkis get film awards for his jaw dropping performance as the Golum?:wub:. I hope he got some major awards for King Kong and Cesar as well.All hail Ceasar , Golum and Princess Nefteryyi are the pinnacles of acting shining through technology at its best I think. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

Oh shit.... Haha.. Okay I stand corrected... Did serkis get film awards for his jaw dropping performance as the Golum?:wub:. I hope he got some major awards for King Kong and Cesar as well. Cessation, Golum and Princess Nefteryyi are acting shining through technology at its best I think. 

Yeah, he got a lot of recognition for Gollum and Kong (and Caesar too, but at that point people already knew to expect a great mo-cap performance from him). Not taking anything away from Saldana and WETA for Neytiri -- she was great too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Told by who, Kal? You're not exactly close with the admins on any of those sites.

Friends here and who are on my FB and twitter sir.  Mike I believe is a mod on shh:D. I don't think many people of the sane world support kj and hype nowadays. When you got, FB,youtube,here and twitter to discuss and battle civilly. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yeah, he got a lot of recognition for Gollum and Kong (and Caesar too, but at that point people already knew to expect a great mo-cap performance from him). Not taking anything away from Saldana and WETA for Neytiri -- she was great too.

Amen.  Still can't believe they named a huge mountain after Avatar and maybe building a huge park along with the film or tourist attraction. Could be a shared revenue thing with fox.  Let's wait and see how it plays out.  Glad I got that link to kill bkbs ,Darth, gokais nonsense that Avatar didn't have global cultural impact.   Lol