Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I still cant see audiences turning away from Avatar.. I feel increase across the board, especially if thefilm shakes us up and pushes the emerging of your being in a film even further..

Do not underestimate the power of J--Cameron.. If we are hearing watching Avatar 2 smash through 4billion with plenty of steam in the tank...This place will go insane.

Can you imagine.

James in the all time 4 spots.. As hes thinking Avatar 4 lol

In the words of James Cameron...We will do better than that OS Robertron ;)

Yeah I think 400-450 would only happen if for some reason it was just a good film nothing jaw dropping, but that scenario is highly unlikely. Every sequel this guy does is usually the best out of the lot and makes far more mega bucks.

Aliens(Still the best and biggest at the BO  adjusted), Terminator 2.. Way bigger than every film in the franchise founded by Cameron and ontop of that proably in the top 5 sci fi greatest achievements technically in  the history of motion pictures.

^^^ vc2002.. i LUV YOU MAN!! lol.. i THOUGHt 400M was possible in China, but didnt want to look too zany.. :D

thanks for confirming my friend..

OMG.. Can you imagine that happening..Damn 350-450M in CHina alone...(Come on Avatar2)

Before Avatar, films grossing more than 50m were called "a monster hit". Now major releases cross over 100m frequently. And the demand is still yet to be satisfied. You can just imagine how big the market is gonna be 3 years later.

• Like 1

It's not a guarantee to increase that much. Russia and China are the only locks to increase, IMO. Countries like Australia: it made over AUD115m which is double the 2nd highest grosser of all time, leading me to believe a decrease is pretty much guaranteed.

Japan, UK, SK, All locks to increase. Japan Avatar made Titanic numbers over there and it didnt need Dicapio lol

Jay Im sorry this is the real world. That scenario will never happen..lol

Considering the first made over 3 times what TDKR made in a much much smaller market.ROFL.

DOM it could happen. 3D is not gonna sell tickets. Didn't Avatar sell about as many tickets as TDK?

TDKR was a squeal the GA wanted, they were waiting for it. No one in the US is waiting for an Avatar movie. 

• Like 1

People that say GA forgot and moved on Avatar, will be surprised when the first trailer hit that will trigger that Pandora's blues into GA's mind. You know that feeling when you got out of the theaters and you felt our world was so grey and dull compared to the lush and colorful landscapes of Pandora. That feeling that made people go see the movie on repeat gazillion times. People want to come back experiencing that epic piece of escapism they felt, it's just dormant. Wait for it to be reactivated when time comes.

• Like 2

DOM it could happen. 3D is not gonna sell tickets. Didn't Avatar sell about as many tickets as TDK?

TDKR was a squeal the GA wanted, they were waiting for it. No one in the US is waiting for an Avatar movie. 

LOl..Sold moretickets than TDK and at higher prices. Meaning folks loved Avatar far more than any batman..Sad to tell you tha.t

And people dont go offing themselves over batman. Not being able to go back to Avatar affected folks worldwide in some insane wiays Batman is not even in the same footprint as Avatar Jay..Give that a rest.

lol

We just have to llook at the merchandise sales , HV and Blue Ray etc....Folks in depression having to wait so long for AV2..Need I say more.

In the end Batman will be owned yet again..

Just like his last 2 films Titanic and Avatar..Cameron is Nolan to 100th power!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

^^ BS 3D with no skill is not going to sell tickets, James Camerons mind and  direction and along with the music of Horner and all those talented peeps working with James is a whole different ball game. Expect Batman to be beaten up so badly you wont be able to stand it...And expect james to be in 3 spots on the all time Charts domestically and worldwide.. Who the hell does that!!

No One!!

People that say GA forgot and moved on Avatar, will be surprised when the first trailer hit that will trigger that Pandora's blues into GA's mind. You know that feeling when you got out of the theaters and you felt our world was so grey and dull compared to the lush and colorful landscapes of Pandora. That feeling that made people go see the movie on repeat gazillion times. People want to come back experiencing that epic piece of escapism they felt, it's just dormant. Wait for it to be reactivated when time comes.

Shoot I consider myself all man as well as alot of my friends, and they are all dying for Avatar sequels.. My ex bought everything panndora as did her gfs, books, the 100+.000 illustrated package of visuals. Folks just couldnt get enough of Pandora. And Yes Sir Dash..That is something Batman, Avengers and Superman will never have.

Freak trigger sense memory of a real world visted..That is the power of Avatar. I suggest Jay look it up and read on how even the presidents and kings of countries said they couldnt stay away and saw this film multiple times. Including the Sultan of brunei..lol

• Like 1

We just have to llook at the merchandise sales , HV and Blue Ray etc....Folks in depression having to wait so long for AV2..Need I say more.

In the end Batman will be owned yet again..

Now I know for a fact your lying, I do not believe for a second that TDK sold less Blu-Ray then Avatar. No way. 

also, everyday I see a fucking joker shirt walking down the street, ive seen maybe 3 avatar shirts in 4 years.

Now I know for a fact your lying, I do not believe for a second that TDK sold less Blu-Ray then Avatar. No way. 

also, everyday I see a fucking joker shirt walking down the street, ive seen maybe 3 avatar shirts in 4 years.

Likes others have said you have no clue on how big Avatar is.. Not to bright too go up against Avatars fans with batman madness.

Hang on let me look for a link and embarrass that statement lol

Likes others have said you have no clue on how big Avatar is.. Not to bright too go up against Avatars fans with batman madness.

Hang on let me look for a link and embarrass that statement lol

World Wide YES, but im arguing DOM. There is a 0% chance that Avatar is more liked then TDK. 0% 

Shoot I consider myself all man as well as alot of my friends, and they are all dying for Avatar sequels.. My ex bought everything panndora as did her gfs, books, the 100+.000 illustrated package of visuals. Folks just couldnt get enough of Pandora. And Yes Sir Dash..That is something Batman, Avengers and Superman will never have.

Freak trigger sense memory of a real world visted..That is the power of Avatar. I suggest Jay look it up and read on how even the presidents and kings of countries said they couldnt stay away and saw this film multiple times. Including the Sultan of brunei..lol

Yeah, Cameron delivered something of a Cecil B.DeMille movie (I think he is a modern Cecil B.DeMille for the biblical sense of grandeur with the romantism and awe of David Lean underneath as a sensibility). It's like every single people of earth identified, there's the escapist and exotic aspect on one hand, there's the historical subconscious memory aspect on the other hand.

When you look closely at history of every country, there was always a war/revolution/fight for independance to defend their land, gain their freedom and dignity, be it against colonialists that belittle local people or greedy Kings/executives in power trampling over their people denying them rights. It's something deeply rooted in every culture as a collective conscience, people watching Avatar felt like a metaphor of their History and myth was unfolding before their eyes. A tale of conquests, freedom, war and love set in a spectacular science fantasy setting. Cameron's tour de force is that blue aliens were the protagonists people projected themselves onto instead of humans like them.

Edited by dashrendar44

http://www.today.com/id/36769247/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/avatar-sets-dvd-blu-ray-sales-record/

Gross sales of $130 million beats previous record held by ‘Dark Knight’

LOL ^^ TO JAY...Any questions(And all over the world folks have Avatar shirts, bags thermoses lil electronic cars dude)

Which planet are you from Jay..lol

• Like 1

http://www.today.com/id/36769247/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/avatar-sets-dvd-blu-ray-sales-record/

Gross sales of $130 million beats previous record held by ‘Dark Knight’

LOL ^^ TO JAY...Any questions(And all over the world folks have Avatar shirts, bags thermoses lil electronic cars dude)

Which planet are you from Jay..lol

Thats opening, and I believe it, makes sense. Overall sales the numbers.com shows TDK winning by a large margin. 

Again though years down the road, TDK has had more of a staying power in pop culture. 

Edited by Jay Salahi

World Wide YES, but im arguing DOM. There is a 0% chance that Avatar is more liked then TDK. 0% 

Wheres the oscars and golden globes for TDK..  Domestically Avatar beat TDK by 250million dude and won hundreds more film awards and is on too many peoples top 3 list.. Where is TDK.. Its great film and comic movie. but only fanboys think its

a movie genere changing event.

Sorry Only SWS and ST fall in the category of Avatar.. And Avatar is still the greatest movie experience in history.

TDK isnteven a match for Avengers, much less Avatar.

Your statements like your dvd and BR statements domestically epically fail.. I rem batman fbs saying the same crap that Avatar was fern gully and would flop, and no chance at beating TDK orTitanic.

Hah hah..

Batman RIP..The proof will be in Juggernaut 2015 owning Avengers 2 and TDK possibly combined if Avatar hits its max potential Domestic.

There is no one that thinks BAtman Superman Has potential for 700-1billion domestic.

End of story! :)

• Like 1

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced that James Cameron's Avatar sold 6.7 million DVDs and Blu-ray Discs in the United States and Canada its first four days. The studio says that the movie has become the fastest-selling Blu-ray of all time.

The previous record holder for a similar time frame had been The Dark Knight in 2008. That movie took 18 months to sell 2.5 million Blu-rays.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65471&offset=10

CAN YOU SAY BATMAN OWNED!!!!

TDK is more loved than Avatar..Alright thenn.....Someone didnt take enough vitamins tonight....LOL LOL LOL

^^  Poor Jay...Dark Knight couldn

t even sell 5 mil units for its entire HV run.... Avatar passes that in days LOL!!(Took over year to sell 2.5 million BRS)

This is why Fanboys look silly!! Check things out before you talk Jay..lol

Edited by Superman001

LOOL are you joking? I thought everyone read that news already.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Avatar-Blu-ray-DVD-Sales-dark-knight,news-6600.html

http://collider.com/avatar-breaks-dvd-and-blu-ray-records-by-selling-67-million-copies-in-first-four-days/

Sorry to hurt your feelings....

• Like 2