Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Not gonna comment until the film actually leaves pre-production stage :)

Hah hah Carlos,.... I think you know James will yet again have his 3rd number 1 all time movie...lol

Hah hah Carlos,.... I think you know James will yet again have his 3rd number 1 all time movie...lol

I'd be okay with that, Cameron is one of my fav directors. In my world, I wish True Lies 2 was coming out and somehow ended up being #1 film of all time.

Posted Image

• Like 7

That always crack me up that people try to convince us somehow TDK did bigger than Avatar like "Joker's T-shirts sold more" or "More people disguised themselves as Joker than Na'vi at Halloween = TDK > Avatar. Fact".

I mean, come on, you can love that movie wholeheartly as much as you can but numbers are there to testify and deflate that useless boasting like you desperately need TDK to be on the highest pedestal owning the biggest crown achievement or whatever.

Amen Dash... Those saying falll of of the " Juggernaut 2015"  could be in for a massive shock!!!

James may have no limits in creating masterpieces that top each other!

I'd be okay with that, Cameron is one of my fav directors. In my world, I wish True Lies 2 was coming out and somehow ended up being #1 film of all time.

Posted Image

Great Film Carlos..Its one of my favorite Arnold flicks and definitely Cameron at his best yet again..

Who would have thought Ahhnoldddd could have sold an awesome jamesbond sort of  film like that beside Cameron :)

• Like 1

Arent they still thinking of making that Carlos? :)?

I think Cameron abandoned it because he felt that making a jokey movie about terrorist wouldn't be funny anymore after 9/11. Not to mention Arnold has gotten way too old.

Unsurprisingly, Tom Arnold still wants it to happen

• Like 2

Posted Image

Man I love that movie. My 2nd fav Cameron film, after T2.

• Like 3

^Imagine a T1 to T2 increase in DOM total or even half of that.

Shoot  so many are hoping for that Im personally watching this film 6-8 times if its as good as I know it will be just to help it along to my 800-850+M domestic feeling forit. If it can go into 900+M-1Bil domestic Territorie like Camerons previous increases with sequels represent...Good Lord!!

Man I love that movie. My 2nd fav Cameron film, after T2.

You and me are bros.

I mean, Aliens, T1 at minimum are better films. But they're not as enjoyable as True Lies. The last hour is pretty much pure brilliance. And Bill Paxton ruled in that movie! The movie is so good, that Tom Arnold was briefly funny for 2 hours and 30 minutes!

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

How AVATAR 2 do 3.5B+?

---------------------------------

NA 1000M

China 500m

France 200m

Japan 200m

Germany 200m

UK 200m

Russia - CIS 200m

Australia 150m

Spain 150m

South Korea 150m

Italy 100m

Brazil 100m

India 50m

Mexico 50m

Netherlands + Sweden + Switzerland + Denmark + Norway 150m

Honkong + Taiwan 50m

------------------------------------

3.6B already done. Posted Image

Good to see folks with predictions as big as the Kals.. Amen and guess what we could do more than that!! Seen some 4-5billion WW predicitons ..Geesus !

Cameron's last two movies together made over 1.36 billion. That's averaging 680m a film. Now, he's going to make a sequel to a 700m monster, with the help of 4 years inflation and so on, and this sequel will be lucky to make 500m? What kind of theory is this? Oh I get it. It means "I wish it struggles to make 500m".

VC2002 Logic over fanboys and jealousy of cameron putting other franchises to shame everytime :)..

Two Thumbs up VC!! :stirthepot:

One of the best remake ever made. I mean it absolutely nuked the original.

One of the best remake ever made. I mean it absolutely nuked the original.

Cameron has 2 of most top best sequels on many folks fan list. Wow

Cameron did Aliens(The best and biggest out of the ALien Saga and proably  in top 5 all time best Sci-fis of all time) and he did Terminator 2, proably in the top 3 best all time  creative tourde forces of all time and certainly arguably the greatest sequel..:)

James is a BO god!

• Like 1

You and me are bros.

I mean, Aliens, T1 at minimum are better films. But they're not as enjoyable as True Lies. The last hour is pretty much pure brilliance. And Bill Paxton ruled in that movie! The movie is so good, that Tom Arnold was briefly funny for 2 hours and 30 minutes!

TRUE LIES is very fun -- it has pacing issues, but the escape over the causeway/Harrier attack is still one of my favorite action scenes in recent memory. Just a great example of setting up multiple (separate) character sequences, then combining them together as everything escalates. It seems downright simple compared to all the CG-fest of today's action movies, but it's so clean and elegant and expertly put together.

• Like 6

I dont know about you guys, but I got a lot of likes in this thread in the last two hours.

Well, it's a good thing we don't have the "dislike" function, cause I bet if we had, I would get just as many.  :P

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 4

TRUE LIES is very fun -- it has pacing issues, but the escape over the causeway/Harrier attack is still one of my favorite action scenes in recent memory. Just a great example of setting up multiple (separate) character sequences, then combining them together as everything escalates. It seems downright simple compared to all the CG-fest of today's action movies, but it's so clean and elegant and expertly put together.

Said it better than I ever could.

• Like 1

Dont you just have a man crush on fellow moviegoer buddies when they see the same thing about James talent as we see.

Well Put Tele-Machos..

Jay just did a sig and picture bet that TDK Holds and Avatar 2 wont beat its domestic Tally.. Love it.

:D Let the battles begin.