Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I still have my ticket from 16th dec 2009 :D

Me too I need to find mine though....Hee hee...  Im so beating you all to Avatar Day II...You think Cameron would have one in August like he did last time...I mean you know your the frigging man when studios across the world host an event  for 16mins for a film not coming out till near the end of December..lol

Bet he will go with the same close to Titanic release date also Dignam date also. :)

My god do you realize if it opens to 170-220M OW , it would only need a 5x multi to get way beyond a billion domestically.. Imagine if it gets a 10x mulit!!...Could avatar scare even me here???

Geesus!

Edited by Superman001

Doubtful dude and you didn't exactly do very well with your MOS predictions either.. That movie has pretty much fallen off the map before it's 30 day mark... :rofl:  :rofl: 

I will with my Avatar predicts vs your not so powerful Avengers 2 Mwhahahahaha... And  I doubt your predicts for MOS came to pass either....I give you props for your high hopes, but in the end Avengers might get crushed by MOS2, SW7 and Avatar II.

The main reason Avatar will drop from the first one, regardless of quality, is increased 3D competition. Avatar had a monopoly on 3D screens for almost three months until AIW came out. No way A2 has the same legs with a new 3D movie coming out every week.

Doesn't the theaters decide what stays and goes.

Doubtful dude and you didn't exactly do very well with your MOS predictions either.. That movie has pretty much fallen off the map before it's 30 day mark... :rofl:  :rofl: 

What did you predict for MoS? Tomorrow is the day.

• Like 1

Dude, the moment Joss Whedon came out at COMIC-CON and announced the AGE OF ULTRON title for the AVENGERS Sequel, it was pretty much a done deal that this movie is going to repeat the same success as the 1st movie, right down to the same cast and director.. We've covered this a 1000 X to the point of being a broken record, but unless Lord Cameron has some new out of this world technology  to be used for AVATAR 2, it's not beating TA2.. It's just not and you know this deep down, but you're going to want to make a horse race out of this and I'm simply NOT.. It's a forgone conclusion TA2 wins 2015.. SW7 will have nostalgia on it's side for the glorified OT cameo's, but then what??? Justin Bieber type of casting going on here which = FAIL to me...

Posted Image

I heard MOS2 outdid AOU. Besides the point, the thing is you have AoU stomping everything in 2015 and that is not a given. It will be close between A2 and AoU but look at Avatar's OS and TA2 can't see AOU jumping 500M+ to top Avatar's 2 near 1.5B+ Avatar 2 has the advantage now will see when promotions start and where they are with the GA. Broken record look in the mirror for that one.

• Like 1

I agree bkb in that James Cameron needs something very special to repeat the same trick. Avengers 2 vs avatar 2 will be very close particularly domestically.

You must be delusional Jam.. Its okay, we alway end up laughing at Marvel Fanboys because like our friend BKB.They simply ignore logic. Avatar  outsold TDK 10  to 1 !! and Avengers!... Its in a league by it self,, Avengers isnt even a lock for 1billion, Avatar 2 is a near lock for 2billion+.. Surely you jest and if as spectacular as James films always are, its far more like from the merchandings, Home video  sales domestic and worldwide and allthe billons made far above avengers that Avengers will be eclipsed.

Fully expect Avengers and MOS 2 and even the Hobbit to lose by 2-3+Billion at the boxoffice. Very embarrassing!!

Finally BKB is back and he's gonna bring balance to this thread. :P

His logic is absurd though. I still loved him though.. BAttle rama... When a film dwarfs a megabuster like Avengers 2 which could actually decrease, as we still dont know if it can repeat the same kind of business. Comic films when they do big numbers always decrease.. Aka TDK to TDKR.. SM1-SM2.. Shrek 2 to Shrek 3.....

Only truly great films like LOTR saga and the mighty Avatar will increase after setting records Poor Avengers just has no hope of taking... Maybe someone should tell BKB and marvel fans, that if avatar even has half of the multipler  part 1 got..

It Will easily  go over 850M -900M domestic.

LOL Avengers Multipler 3x+....Avatar Multipler almost 10x LOL.

Sorry BKB you have a chance domestically, but its slim chance giving how much everyone considers Avatar in a league of its own. Yu dont see Avengers on anyones all time list my friend. :)

Still the domestic battle will be fun to watch but where Avengers and MOS2 have the potential for 500-600+Mil,, Avatar 2 looks to hit 750-1billon domestic..

You will kneel before Pandora BKB.. Oh Yes  you will KNEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL TO THE JUGGERNAUT 2015!!