Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Congrats to all pandorians. We have destroyed starwars,  we now dominate weekends records 4-7, and os in 300-600% smaller markets we dominated the Os markets for over 12weeks straight.  We are pound for pound achieving more than sws and HP franchises could dream about.  Communities learning the navii language and adopting some of their ways.  Over 5 amusement parks planned.  Some being put up by our competition.. Aka Disney.  Broadway and TV shows in the works and perhaps some spin off movies. I noticed some Jedi's trying to put sws on a pedestal,  but seems more of the film world are being affected by a single film than anh could ever achieve.  And this isn't 40 years of blasting the domestic marketing..Avatar achieved all this with one film. Also brought in more film awards than any franchise, only thing comparable was Return of the King.  All the films are now clamoring to apply jc visual and motion capture technology to their films. I can't wait to see the merchandising coming up for the sequel.  Lol crazy folks would have people believing that avatar didn't affect  the culture,  when you can see the seeds of the movie in all the big epics today and sws might have affected the domestic market a Lil more,  but it had no worldwide impact like Avatar.  When you see all the extra billions given to save the earth by different social types,  including billionaires like Warren buffett and Bill Gates after seeing the film in 2009 or small students rallying to save the rain forests and wildlife in avatar garb...then tell me about cultural impact..To hundreds of millions of people.  Avatar I definitely affected them on a spiritual and you have to do more sensibility.  Sws was merely a great popcorn movie that brainwashed some masses,  but not on the level to be a force for good and help bring about change to your surroundings and the planet. 

Bravo JC you did more in one movie that gl did in 40yrs, and I can't wait too see how Avatar II affects the world next.  

Heh heh. PS.  The Kale Loves seeing domestic records of Avatar and titanic also that show total superiority to HP, As, Bond and that won't ever be touched. Amen ...In Cameron the world trusts like no other. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2016 at 7:16 PM, Cochofles said:

Jim's films tend to become enduring classics whether detractors want to admit it or not. Today, which studio would not kill to market and distribute the next original film that had this in its trailer?>

"From the director of Aliens, Avatar, Terminator 2, and True Lies ..."

Don't forget the absolute king film that affected all media.... Titanic.  You know that's going to be mentioned in all the jc projects of the future. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

On 1/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, Telemachos said:

We have a director and a release date, and production is about to start.

Ehhh... we don't really have a release date; we have a release month. Creed 2 is in On the Lot even though we have a release month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Over 5 amusement parks planned.  Some being put up by our competition.. Aka Disney.  

I thought there was just the one by Disney in Orlando. Are there any others Cameron agreed to? Given Cameron's involvement in the project, is the story behind the land considered canon with the films? Official story says it takes place many years after the end of Avatar 4 since humans are now able to peacefully visit Pandora as tourists.

On 1/16/2016 at 6:50 PM, Cochofles said:

That song is not really from the actual AVATAR score, is it @Kalel009Shel? I believe it was used for the trailer.

God, I remember when I first saw that trailer...it gave me goosebumps...I knew right then and there that I HAD to see the film. Remember your first time, Kalel?

Then I watched it and it was love at first sight. I think I've lost count of how many times I've seen the film (I think I saw it 5 times during its theatrical first run and twice during the re-release). On HV I've seen it too many times to mention.

I don't think I've ever seen a film that resonates with me on a purely emotional level as much as Avatar. And I honestly have never seen a big-screen love story that sweeps me off my feet more than Jake & Neytiri's. Just watching the trailer again makes me a little misty-eyed.

And the music is just...beyond gorgeous... I think this is my favorite track...remember that majestic scene in which Jake conquered his banshee and rode him all over the magnificent vistas of Pandora?

^^^Sheer brilliance and sheer emotion!!!

Please, Jim, hurry up and let us enter that world again!!!!!

This wait is painful, Jimbo...it's NOT FAIR!!!!

giphy.gif

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Cochofles,  I really  love you girl..... Smooch... ??? And no, though that music sounds made for our beautiful film,  it was borrowed from the believe it or not... Micheal Bays Island I believe my lady.  You are correct. I know how you feel dear cochofles,  I was in tears.  I looked behind me and I saw folks that could be our great grandparents in tears.  Who gets this kind of spiritual and emotional chord with a sci-fi schematic themed film.  It is the greatest overall experience I've had in movie theater.  Titanic was the greatest epic of all time,  but this had something that resonated on some deeper spiritually plain inside you 

. Most said its the only film that made them forget they were in a movie theater.  What a testament to greatest Avatar truly is.  Shows how after the hype cools what a special film truly does too.  Look at the numbers of titanic and Avatar's 4-8 plus weekends domestically and especially abroad.  Holy Bat Guano! 

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Er, what? Please explain how you justify that claim. 

Major film awards.  You show me any of the big franchises first films,  that have bafta, 7-8 golden globes,  including best picture and best director,  big science and director awards,  4 Oscar's.  I'm sorry none of the big franchises first entry even got a best picture much less over 50 major film awards like avatar.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Are you people interested to go to a Pandora theme park ?

Disney is spending a lot of cash on those.

Just wondered if you cared, probably not ...

:ohmyzod:

Pandorians Unite !

It will be a good place to relive the magic from the film. If there's one thing Disney does exceptionally well, it's themed entertainment. Universal would also be a good choice but probably would have felt more like a film set than an immersive environment. 

10 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I thought there was just the one by Disney in Orlando. Are there any others Cameron agreed to? Given Cameron's involvement in the project, is the story behind the land considered canon with the films? Official story says it takes place many years after the end of Avatar 4 since humans are now able to peacefully visit Pandora as tourists.

Fox is building a few,  Disney is building 3 for now.  And China and other locations have plans.  I think some parks will be about extending Pandora to the real world and may even have next generation animatronics related to the movies the likes we haven't seen before,  others maybe visual and full body virtual reality cash grab rides connecting to avatar 1 and 2. .. Can't wait to see what twentyth century fox builds. 

37 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Er, what? Please explain how you justify that claim. 

Lol. tele

Rewards by just Avatar one

Oh 9 Oscar noms.. Boom.. Wow

Not 3 or 4 Saturn film awards... Try 11 won.. Lol damnnn

73 major awards won out of 149 major film nominations.  Any questions? ;) this also might not be accurate to 2015 either Tele.  I suspect Avatar may have won a few more since this list was updated. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_Avatar_(2009_film)

Edited by Kalel009Shel

Can Lotr, HP,  force, marvel  or Mr. bond achieve this. How's this for a taste of supreme cultural impact.  Fak!  Avatar has no equal. 

Omfg ..behold

January 2010, it was announced that the Southern Sky Column, a 3,544-foot (1,080 m) quartz-sandstone mountain in the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in Zhangjiajie,Hunan, China, had been renamed "Avatar Hallelujah Mountain" (阿凡达-哈利路亚山) by the city government in honor of the film.[15] According to park officials, photographs from the park became a source of inspiration for the floating Hallelujah Mountains seen inAvatar.[16] Time ranked Avatar number 3 in their list of "The 10 Greatest Movies of the Millennium (Thus Far)"[17] also earning it a spot on the magazine's All-Time 100 list,[18] and IGN listed Avataras number 22 on their list of the top 25 

When the world's most powerful country names a mountain after your film,  you are truly league's above the rest. Sws and hpbachievements look as good... They do not.. 

Guys please post these links when jokers post avatar had no cultural impact and didn't get any film award recognition. 

Kp friend are you reading this.  This is some crazy frigging love right here.  Forget 700m. Avatar II may make 900-1bil in China alone?  Jesus Christ. What is this?!   What is going on here.  Lol

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

tumblr_n1vtei9JPx1tt2x34o1_400.gif

What  really is going to mindmeld you Mr marvel is when Avatar II outgrosses nearly your entire fa run from China,uk, sk and Japan only lol.  And beats sws fa by 200-400m domestically. 1.1-1.3b domestic here we come... Pandorians unite! 

40 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Are you people interested to go to a Pandora theme park ?

Disney is spending a lot of cash on those.

Just wondered if you cared, probably not ...

:ohmyzod:

Pandorians Unite !

If I've attracted enough cash.  Are you kidding future.  I'm getting my butt to the Grand Opening next year. And if in at my goal.  Going to pay for cocho, Ethan, kayom, dash, vc2002,Jimbo, captain Craig, 75 and all our diehard pandorian family to come to the ribbon cutting at Orlando. 

China loves Avatar for sure. $204 million gross back in 2010, easily highest grossing film in China at the time...the highest Hollywood films were only around 1/3 of that at that point. Held that record in China until 2014 when Transformers 4 broke it. With 2 more years of market expansion, anything is possible for Avatar 2. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

China loves Avatar for sure. $204 million gross back in 2010, easily highest grossing film in China at the time...the highest Hollywood films were only around 1/3 of that at that point. Held that record in China until 2014 when Transformers 4 broke it. With 2 more years of market expansion, anything is possible for Avatar 2. 

Wow.  Those 4b ww talks start to look very very doable,  with domination of the domestic,  UK, china could bring in up to a billion USD all by itself. This is the biggest sequel of all time and man it's going to be fun to track kp.  Did you look at the long long list of major film awards won by Avatar.  Poor sws will probably not get even 5% of awards of that caliber,  much less 149 nominations.  

Pandorians we are

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1