baumer

Muppets Most Wanted (2014)

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The opening song got it right. The sequel's never as good as the original.

Not to say it's is bad, there are some great lines and moments every so often. And Tina Fey is a ton of fun. But the whole thing just seems distinctly... meh. Maybe it's just because of the inevitable comparisons to the first film (which is one of my favourites period), but it lacks the same heart and enjoyability. The songs are decent but very forgettable. And the film feels really overstuffed with tons of plots and subplots. We've got Constantine replacing Kermit, Constantine and Badguy doing their heists, Kermit in the Gulag, Kermit/Constantine arguing with Piggy, Kermit's worries about being abandoned by his friends, Sam and Ty Burrell tracking down Constantine/Badguy and so on. There's so much, we don't get a chance to satisfyingly explore many of them.

Like I said though, it's not bad. There are some great moments and some of the cameos were fun, but it's not as good as I was hoping, or nearly as good as the first. B-

Also, I maintain the film should've been called Muppets: Most Ridiculous Accents. Seriously, some of those make Gru from Despicable Me 2 sound authentic.

Muppets Most Wanted4:15PM not a lot of peopleTrailers:Boxtrolls: Looks odd.Lemurs of Madagascar: Okay...Earth to Echo: I liked it better when it was ET-though the alien is not as creepy, comment "ET meets blair witch!Dragon 2: Best reaction, looks great.Annie: Bunch of girls my age are really not liking this (Can't blame them either, I do have to admit the modern setting seems off)*Hearing start movie!*Planes 2: A bunch of really? though kids laughed.(People were really getting anxious now)Maleficent: By now people were tired of the trailers and were going start! Looks good I will admitThe Monsters short-before it stated people were going "Not another trailer!!!!" Anyway quite funny.Movie: Very good, not sure if I liked it more then the last one or not. I believe there more cameos in this one. The songs were clever. Quite a few funny parts in it.A-

Huge disappointment. I understand wanting to be more funny and less poignant this go-around, but most of the jokes missed, and the only really enjoyable part of the movie was the Ty Burrell subplot. Oh, and it had nice songs too. B-

Went with some friends to see this earlier today and I actually really enjoyed it. 

I would place it only slightly behind The Muppets. I thought it was funnier and had a better story, but the music/songs were not as good.

I enjoyed all of the cameos, but found Usher's to be the funniest. :lol:

I would give it a.......

B+(89) 

To compare I give The Muppets a A-(90).