Peeta Tong Karanasios

Maleficent OS Thread

Bad news:   Boycott against Maleficent might arise due to Jolie's inappropriate words in China. 

Quote: “I’m not sure if you consider Ang Lee Chinese, he’s Taiwanese but he does many Chinese-language films with many Chinese artists and actors, and I think his work and the actors in his films are the ones.”

so far, there has been thousands of tweets discussing this matter.

Bad news:   Boycott against Maleficent might arise due to Jolie's inappropriate words in China. 

Quote: “I’m not sure if you consider Ang Lee Chinese, he’s Taiwanese but he does many Chinese-language films with many Chinese artists and actors, and I think his work and the actors in his films are the ones.”

WTF? How in the world is that inappropriate?  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Whether Taiwan is a country or not is still in debate.  

But she didn't insult China nor Taiwan. She just reiterated that Ang Lee is not Chinese and that he's from Taiwan which is true. She didn't say that Taiwan should be independent from the evil China blah blah blah. So this whole inappropriate thing is an exaggeration and just basically trying to make up a controversy.

I heard this interview two days back, nobody mentioned it was problem only now . and few thousands to billions is like a drop in the sea :)

Edited by enastein

sounds like the same problems we had 75 years ago, when it was mentioned the someone was an Austrian and not a German

'Maleficent' Crosses $200M Overseas in Second Weekend

on June 08, 2014

Maleficent added $59.7 million from 52 markets in its second weekend overseas, bringing the live-action Disney film's overseas total up to $208.1 million after only two frames. Mexico is leading the overseas markets with a $30 million cume, double the lifetime gross of Oz: The Great and Powerful in the market. Other top performers for the film include Russia ($24.1M), UK ($18.8M), Brazil ($12.8M), and Italy ($12.2M).

Maleficent is Angelina Jolie's third highest grossing film of all time at the overseas box office, trailing only Mr. and Mrs. Smith ($292M) and The Tourist ($211M). It is on track to pass both those titles later in its run with upcoming releases scheduled for China (June 20) and Japan (July 4). Maleficent has grossed a total of $335.47 million worldwide.

That Mexico numbers are insane.

Edited by boogiezen
  • Like 2

'Maleficent' Crosses $200M Overseas in Second Weekend

on June 08, 2014

Maleficent added $59.7 million from 52 markets in its second weekend overseas, bringing the live-action Disney film's overseas total up to $208.1 million after only two frames. Mexico is leading the overseas markets with a $30 million cume, double the lifetime gross of Oz: The Great and Powerful in the market. Other top performers for the film include Russia ($24.1M), UK ($18.8M), Brazil ($12.8M), and Italy ($12.2M).

Maleficent is Angelina Jolie's third highest grossing film of all time at the overseas box office, trailing only Mr. and Mrs. Smith ($292M) and The Tourist ($211M). It is on track to pass both those titles later in its run with upcoming releases scheduled for China (June 20) and Japan (July 4). Maleficent has grossed a total of $335.47 million worldwide.

That Mexico numbers are insane.

Maleficent just needs $1m to pass Alice in Mexico!

:D

Maleficent in Italy actuals

Sunday €   459.482 adm   68.036

Week 2 € 3.765.014 adm 569.813

Total  € 8.812.676 adm 1.265.212 #5 in 2014 12,0M$ a bit lower than estimate.

Good hold in midweek but 2nd weekend -61% (+30°C here, people went to sea).

• Like 1