Peeta Tong Karanasios

Maleficent OS Thread

I'm kinda afraid of Japan. Isn't this opening just a day apart of Godzilla there? Godzilla might prove to be a very strong competition there.

Maleficent opens a week before, I think both films can thrive well together. I see Godzilla doing $50M and Maleficent doing $80M.

Maleficent opens a week before, I think both films can thrive well together. I see Godzilla doing $50M and Maleficent doing $80M.

If this was DOM obviously both movies would hardly compete with each other but I have no idea how Japanese audience works

350m+ looking good. But 400m is too early to call. Current markets will yield around 275m. China will do maybe 30-40m. So it will need Japan to do 80m, if it has to reach 400m.

China's a wild card here more than Japan IMO, it can be just small as Oz (25m) or breakout big

So I tried comparing these numbers to the OW numbers of Oz and Snow White from BOM and they were a lot bigger (especially UK and Mexico), with the exception being Oz's Russian OW. Hopefully it can go past 400M OS.

Its close to 40% ahead of Oz in same markets

3D accounted for 35% (10% being Imax)

IN LA it was Disney's buggest live action Opening (exclu Marvel)

Europe  42% higher than Oz, 41% higher than SWATH same markets

• Like 5

And 40% behind in Australia.

Maleficient as expected opened to poor response in india 400-525K is the estimate it released in most of the multiplexes all over india still couldnt attract many audiences except in metros (Mumbai Delhi Kolkatta Hyderabad Bangalore Chennai) next week a hindi biggie not a very big one though is releasing nd EoT in full run Malficient may do 600-650K range In indian rupee sums upto 3.6cr-4cr range.

Edited by Superstancer

Its close to 40% ahead of Oz in same markets 3D accounted for 35% (10% being Imax)IN LA it was Disney's buggest live action Opening (exclu Marvel)Europe  42% higher than Oz, 41% higher than SWATH same markets

I think 350M is almost certain at this point, with 400M OS all depending on the China and Japan performance.

Italy actuals

1 MALEFICENT   € 4.896.984 Adm 673.650 

Maleficent does the highest weekend gross here since dec.2013 (Frozen's 2nd wknd) and the highest opening weekend for Hollywood movies since oct.2013 (Desplicable me 2), but is far away from 2010's Alice in Wonderland (€ 8.155.336)

• Like 3

Australians prefer Hemsworth to Jolie?queer tastes

Actually, I'm not sure what I looked at earlier. Must have been SWATH. SWATH- $6.194m #1 OWOZ- $4.773m #1 OWMaleficent- $4.038m #2 OW Edited by DeeCee

LA is LatinAmerica not Los Angeles?