baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Of the movies listed by Baumer as eligible i.e.

The Amazing Spider-man 2

Chef  No longer wide!!

Legend of Oz:  Dorothy's Return

Mom's Night Out

Neighbors

Godzilla 

Million Dollar Arm

Blended

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Maleficent

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Edge of Tomorrow

Fault in our Stars

22 Jump Street

How to Train your Dragon 2

The Rover

Jersey Boys

Think Like a Man Too

Transformers Age of Extinction

Deliver us From Evil

Earth to Echo

Tammy

And So It Goes

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

The Fluffy Movie

Jupiter Ascending

Planes: Fire and Rescue

The Purge: Anarchy

Hercules

Sex Tape

Step Up: All In

Get on Up

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Hundred Foot Journey

Into the Storm

Lucy

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As Above, So Below

Expendables 3

The Giver

Let's be Cops

Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

If I Stay

When the Game Stands Tall

Jane Got a Gun

Jessabelle

The Loft

Underdogs

Snowpiercer (not listed as wide yet but it will be, I'm pretty sure).

Movies already released which will most likely be in the lowest grossing movies are

- Legends of Oz

- Mom's Night Out

- The Rover

Possibilities in the next month and a half are:

- Snowpiercer

- The Fluffy Movie

- Earth to Echo

- Step Up: All In.

- And So It Goes

The current lowest grossing wide release of the year is, shockingly enough, Raid 2 with 2.6M.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

According to my math, I got 10 questions right and all 8 placements right: 10 + 16 + 25 = 51K

Yes I made the same mathematical error for everyone who got all 8 right sorry,4k have been added to all those people's totals
  • Like 3

Current scenario for SOTM 5:BlendedA Million Ways to Die in the WestEdge of TomorrowMaleficientThe Fault in Our Stars22 Jump StreetThink Like a Man TooTammyDeliver Us From EvilEarth to EchoYou have 8 possible SOTM questions to choose from.Your choices are:What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings).  MaleficentWhat will have the best total?  Maleficent (Looking likely to beat 22JS at this rate) What will have the best opening day? Fault In our StarsWhat will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release? Fault In Our StarsWhat will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)? Current Multipliers: Blended 2.97A Million Ways to Die in the West 2.41Edge of Tomorrow 2.62Maleficient 2.70The Fault in Our Stars 2.0822 Jump Street 1.99Think Like a Man Too 1.08Tammy ???Deliver Us From Evil ???Earth to Echo ??? What will have the smallest opening weekend? Blended (14.28M)What will have the smallest opening day? Blended (4.3M)Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? REQUIREMENTS:Blended 42.84M (Currently- 42.487) Locked for yesA Million Ways to Die in the West  50.4M (Currently- 40.51M) UnlikelyEdge of Tomorrow 86.18 (Currently- 75.19M) Seems pretty locked on for meMaleficient 208.42M (Currently- 187.62M) Looking pretty likely to meThe Fault in Our Stars  144.0M (Currently- 100.12M) Not looking likely22 Jump Street  171.21M (Currently- 113.55M) A lot probably depends on the hold agains TF4Think Like a Man Too 87.82M (Currently- 31.71) Too early to tellTammy ??? Deliver Us From Evil  ???Earth to Echo  ??? Anybody who guessed none is likely hoping for a miracle with MWTDITW and FIOS before the last 4 even come into play.

At this point I only see Tammy affecting Multiplier based questions, DUFE and E2E could both stand a shot at Blended low opening numbers.

• Like 2

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? REQUIREMENTS:Blended 42.84M (Currently- 42.487) Locked for yesA Million Ways to Die in the West  50.4M (Currently- 40.51M) UnlikelyEdge of Tomorrow 86.18 (Currently- 75.19M) Seems pretty locked on for meMaleficient 208.42M (Currently- 187.62M) Looking pretty likely to meThe Fault in Our Stars  144.0M (Currently- 100.12M) Not looking likely22 Jump Street  171.21M (Currently- 113.55M) A lot probably depends on the hold agains TF4Think Like a Man Too 87.82M (Currently- 31.71) Too early to tellTammy ??? Deliver Us From Evil  ???Earth to Echo  ??? Anybody who guessed none is likely hoping for a miracle with MWTDITW and FIOS before the last 4 even come into play.

At this point I only see Tammy affecting Multiplier based questions, DUFE and E2E could both stand a shot at Blended low opening numbers.

Just realized that the question is which films will NOT HAVE a 3 multiplier i.e. if anyone answered None, they are already wrong as Blended will have a 3 multiplier. FIOS and MWTDITW are right answers to the question so far, as neither of those 2 will have a 3X.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

"As Above So Below" moved to 28th August. Don't know if anyone had it in their list, but it is not making the top 15 any more.

I know a few people have it in their lowest grossing, how will the move affect that?

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

"As Above So Below" moved to 28th August. Don't know if anyone had it in their list, but it is not making the top 15 any more.

I know a few people have it in their lowest grossing, how will the move affect that?

give points to the 5 lowest films that are actually released in summer, and also give points to anyone who voted for films that eventually moved, like Jupiter Ascending and now As Above So Below.

(Since AASB is now past the August 15 cutoff for bottom 5 of the summer)

• Like 1