Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

What I love about Marvel is they experiment.

and while they get varied results (Thor 2, Incredible Hulk) when they win, they win big.

Experimentation also means they're portfolio is diverse which extends the life of the entire superhero genre.

And yet their movies are pretty generic, overall.

• Like 2

WB is the three legged puppy who lost it's crutch (Batman) and is now trying to find a new one (Superman).

Fox is the dog that won't stop barking and pooping in the flower beds.

Sony is the dog that licks its own balls for fun.

• Like 3

DC should just take the stick out of its butt and stop taking itself so seriously in order to succeed. Ugh, Joel Schumacher REALLY harmed them psychologically.

I think Green Lantern made them tighten their butt holes.

Unfortunately as much as I love his Batman trilogy, Nolan is also to be blamed, since the success of those said films, caused Snyder and co to think that every superhero needed to be brooding and emo.

More than Nolan, it was the failure of GL as well. That totally scared them off fun. :(

Posted Image

Well I read part of Twilight it was garbage, Divergent was crap from what I heard, The Hunger Games which I did read some of was alright, but really most of just the young adult stuff doesn't seem to be very good.

My point is that you have read comic books so you know what stories are good. If some read a lot of YA novels they can say which ones could make good movies. A lot studios do try to hard on YA novels they hire bad directors and writers like a lot early comic book movies in the 90s and 00s. 

There's more to the movie universe than CBMs and YA adaptations.

Yes, there's also movies that play in reverse, people who can't sleep, rivalries between magicians, and movies about stealing dreams. Other than that though, nada

• Like 1

And yet their movies are pretty generic, overall.

Just in phase 2 you have sci-fi, fantasy, and political thriller.

That's more variety than the action movie genre typically has.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3

I actually believe that the reverse Avengers approach can really work for WB. Basically setting up franchises for them from that. All the post-Avengers movies were basically looked at as sequels to Avengers. That is why Batman/Superman movie would be really important to WB. It basically sets the tone and continuity for the universe moving forward. 

• Like 2

Just in phase 2 you have sci-fi, fantasy, and political thriller.

That's more variety than the action movie genre typically is.

No  they all pretty similar.

Action genre also has sci-fi, political thriller,  disaster, monster, comedy, western, ect. 

WB is the three legged puppy who lost it's crutch (Batman) and is now trying to find a new one (Superman).

Fox is the dog that won't stop barking and pooping in the flower beds.

Sony is the dog that licks its own balls for fun.

Sony is such a fab bitch!  :shades:

Posted Image

• Like 2

My point is that you have read comic books so you know what stories are good. If some read a lot of YA novels they can say which ones could make good movies. A lot studios do try to hard on YA novels they hire bad directors and writers like a lot early comic book movies in the 90s and 00s. 

Fine!