Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Divergent has taken 14 days to hit 100m, not 8.

Duuh....sorry.  I had a brain cramp there.  Thought it came out last weekend for some reason.

Posted Image

• Like 1

So much of Cap 2's problems could have been solved if Hulk had been included in the movie

See, I agree with stuff like this.  We know the Avengers are out there.  And to have a stand alone film now where no other Avengers help out, to me, just seems silly.  

See, I agree with stuff like this. We know the Avengers are out there. And to have a stand alone film now where no other Avengers help out, to me, just seems silly.

I agree, I mean I get why they choose to ignore the others exist in the stand alone movies, but it's dumb. There's no reason they'd be fighting alone (by alone I mean without another Avenger member, and no Black Widow doesn't count) in any if these scenarios so far (IM3, Thor2 or Cap2). Edited by FTF

The reaction on CBM is hilarious "with  $10.2 million midnight AND  $37 million Friday its guarantied the 100+ mil OW".

You'll have to forgive people who aren't nerds like we are when it comes to the box office.

Let me see what I missed: It opens just $3M higher than Thor 2 on Thursday so some people start throwing around ridiculous $110-120M numbers and now everybody's kinda deflated. GOT IT, THANKS.

It was logical to think it could hit 110 mill.  It was just simple math.  Thor opened to 7 mill midnights and did 85 mill OW.

That means Thor did 12.15X it's midnight number.  So that's why some thought that if it followed Thor 2's X, it could hit 120 mill.

• Like 1

Let me see what I missed: It opens just $3M higher than Thor 2 on Thursday so some people start throwing around ridiculous $110-120M numbers and now everybody's kinda deflated. GOT IT, THANKS.

They were so convincing in their argument, they swung me. :)

Edited by The Stingray

Great number. 100M is still possible and with the WOM, I think it ends around 280M.  :D

100 mill is impossible.  Do the math and you'll see that it would have to go up by about 50% today for it to hit 100M.