Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Is there really an answer to that? I'd like to know too.

Better release as more people willing to go out to see Cap2 opening night on a nice April evening than a cold ass night in Nov.  Plus buzz and reviews way better for Cap2.  More rush factor.  And Cap2 more a guys/fans movie…Thor2 had slightly more date night appeal for the ladies with the Thor-Locke combo.

• Like 1

Ok. Makes sense though I didn't know people were still on break. I guess it's different times for different people. All the kids I know are already back in school. 

It's definitely different times for different people, and not just for kids either. I tried to email a co-worker a couple days ago and he had an out of office message saying he would be out all the way through next Friday.

It's definitely different times for different people, and not just for kids either. I tried to email a co-worker a couple days ago and he had an out of office message saying he would be out all the way through next Friday.

Well I know it's not just for kids. My sister is a teacher so she takes the break when the kids do.

I have to say, I am somewhat disappointed in the "Lego Movie" legs. After opening to 70M and an A+ Cinemascore (yeah yeah I know). It should have got to around 280 or so based on the OW, finishing around mid-250s seems like a letdown.

Great performance for a movie no one thought would even touch 150, but after the breakout opening, it has had normal animated movie legs.

FROZEN was still strong when it's released and THE NUT JOB surprised too. Then MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN as well as THE MUPPETS: MOST WANTED have provided some competition.

Well I know it's not just for kids. My sister is a teacher so she takes the break when the kids do.

I meant adults who aren't given time off. My co-worker was just taking paid time off for the hell of it. As far as I know he and his wife haven't had any kids yet, so they probably just figured this 10 day stretch was a good time to go on vacation. In early November, everyone is waiting for Thanksgiving before taking any PTO.

I meant adults who aren't given time off. My co-worker was just taking paid time off for the hell of it. As far as I know he and his wife haven't had any kids yet, so they probably just figured this 10 day stretch was a good time to go on vacation. In early November, everyone is waiting for Thanksgiving before taking any PTO.

ah ok

Ok. Makes sense though I didn't know people were still on break. I guess it's different times for different people. All the kids I know are already back in school. 

I sense a play date with Tele Jr. coming. To bad Ed lives in NYC.

• Like 1

If they do this, then BOM needs to revise the numbers for films like Matrix Reloaded, Pirates 3 (hell they should already do this one since it made $13m from Thursday 8 PM shows...no different than every movie getting released today).

Wish there was some sort of rule which said they could not open the film until 12:00 AM opening day. No previews, no nothing. Whatever the opening day is, it's 12:00 AM that morning. If you want showtimes on a Tuesday at 8 PM, Tuesday now become the opening day.

• Like 2

Wish there was some sort of rule which said they could not open the film until 12:00 AM opening day. No previews, no nothing. Whatever the opening day is, it's 12:00 AM that morning. If you want showtimes on a Tuesday at 8 PM, Tuesday now become the opening day.

Agreed. At the very least they need to differentiate between the midnight numbers and the Thursday evening numbers. In reality the three-day number is going to be 80-85mil, not 90-95mil. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1