Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Yep, it wasn't as funny as people were saying. Trevor was awesome, but the rest of it was not up to par with the humor in IM1, Avengers, or Thor 1/2.

People keep calling Thor 2 funny but I don't think I laughed once. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

They all have that flat digital look. Pretty unappealing, IMO.

It's not necessarily a digital thing, but they're lit and shot in a functional, competent, but straightforward way. Kind of like a TV movie in years past (obviously with a far larger budget). It's pretty rare to see any sort of statement -- even just "being cool" -- being made with framing or lighting or grading. As a counter-point, yes, people like Greengrass, Bigelow, Fincher, the Wachowskis (avoiding names that might.... derail the conversation), not to mention up-and-comers like the Gareths.
  • Like 7

It's not necessarily a digital thing, but they're lit and shot in a functional, competent, but straightforward way. Kind of like a TV movie in years past (obviously with a far larger budget). It's pretty rare to see any sort of statement -- even just "being cool" -- being made with framing or lighting or grading. As a counter-point, yes, people like Greengrass, Bigelow, Fincher, the Wachowskis (avoiding names that might.... derail the conversation), not to mention up-and-comers like the Gareths.

This I can agree with.

• Like 1

As a counter-point, yes, people like Greengrass, Bigelow, Fincher, the Wachowskis (avoiding names that might.... derail the conversation)

:lol:

Well here's one that hopefully won't: Burton. Watching B89 on Starz right now. That scene where the Batmobile goes through the creepy woods? Awesome visuals.

• Like 6

blah blah blah. same old shit. Captain America aka Steve Rodgers kicked major ass throughout the whole movie. Reality be damned. It's a comic book movie. I was never gonna believe any of this shit. I'm there for the ride.

• Like 3

blah blah blah. same old shit. Captain America aka Steve Rodgers kicked major ass throughout the whole movie. Reality be damned. It's a comic book movie. I was never gonna believe any of this shit. I'm there for the ride.

Current conversation has nothing to do with reality, just visuals. The Marvel movies tend to have the same look to them. Formulaic. I go to their movies for good humor, good action, and fun stories. I definitely don't go looking for great cinematography from them.

• Like 2

Didn't realize that midnight grosses were tallied separately in 2008. So IM1 started with 3M midnights from the look of it.

The 8 to 11 pm shows too use to be Thursday grosses. Now they are added to midnights. What's the cutoff? How early can you show a movie on Thursday and still add the gross to Fri?

Current conversation has nothing to do with reality, just visuals. The Marvel movies tend to have the same look to them. Formulaic. I go to their movies for good humor, good action, and fun stories. I definitely don't go looking for great cinematography from them.

ok red. I won't argue with you about that. 

The 8 to 11 pm shows too use to be Thursday grosses. Now they are added to midnights. What's the cutoff? How early can you show a movie on Thursday and still add the gross to Fri?

Studios are lobbying to include Wednesday previews into the following OW.