Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

I can't even get into this theater before going into the obligatory Yogurt spot across the street.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/Nayito20/823E0F86-9562-4C69-BDB1-2EB9B49439AD.jpg

It'll be a challenge. They really do have the worst staff of any theater I've been to.

I can't even get into this theater before going into the obligatory Yogurt spot across the street.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/Nayito20/823E0F86-9562-4C69-BDB1-2EB9B49439AD.jpg

Edited by #ED LANISTER
  • Like 1

Personally I don't see the film going anywhere in terms of box office.

I think it just got lucky.

What? How did it get lucky?

And yeah it's not going anywhere, it's very very arthouse. i'm gonna try to catch it at some point though

Edited by Chewy

I'll give Marvel credit for interesting directorial hires, and for not going the Ratner-esque route. But the downside to many of their directors is that there isn't this singular vision in terms of actually maximizing the ideas onscreen.

I generally agree with this sentiment regarding the Marvel movies. It's hard to get that singular vision when you have a top-down, corporate, conveyor belt approach. The way they look (like you mentioned earlier), and their serviceable, but ultimately unremarkable and pointless use of 3D, are byproducts of that mentality. Structurally, they're also pretty much the same. But I really feel that the Russos maximized their vision and style within the confines of a Marvel movie, and thus brought it to heights we haven't reached before with these movies.

What? How did it get lucky?

And yeah it's not going anywhere, it's very very arthouse. i'm gonna try to catch it at some point though

The opening limited number is very good, but yes, I can't see it going anywhere other than the arthouse crowd.

Yeah, but that's like giving a Hobbit credit for being four feet tall.

For someone who has little interest in CBM's you spend quite a bit of time talking about (or pretty much just downtalking) them. It gets kind of annoying to be honest

• Like 1

What else is there to talk about in these threads?

I dunno..movies that are not CBM's? Its fine to state your opinion on the franchise and move on but just to keep coming back and reiterating how much you think its sucks is just weird.

• Like 1

I don't care if the MCU films are "cookie-cutter." I'm looking for a popcorn action movie, not some "prestigious" bs like American Hustle. They aren't trying to be anything other than entertaining films with strong characters, and at that they have succeeded with flying colors. And we don't give enough credit to how few quality action films there are these days. Case in point: Transformers. Transformers isn't trying to be anything other than entertaining either, but it screws it up on a grand scale. Marvel has succeeded where many others have tried and failed.

• Like 8