Lazer

Actors and Actresses who careers didn't develop as you thought they would

Rachel McAdams. Took too much time off earlier in her career, messing up her red hot status as the young it movie star.Katherine Heigl. As I just watched 27 dresses and remembering she had a string of hits, she hurt her career, with her acts while leaving the tv show, greys anatomy and her stupid comments after that.Lindsay Lohen. After say Mean Girls, she was an A/B list movie star than has become a D lister based on her real life antics.

• Like 1

Naomi Watts - I thought she was going be big after Ring. Also got a big film in Kong. Didn't make much of it. Maybe by choice. Seems to like doing smaller films.

Elijah Wood - LOTR credentials didn't help him much.

Not Shia LaBeouf - always knew that turd was up to no good.

• Like 1

Naomi Watts - I thought she was going be big after Ring. Also got a big film in Kong. Didn't make much of it. Maybe by choice. Seems to like doing smaller films. Elijah Wood - LOTR credentials didn't help him much. Not Shia LaBeouf - always knew that turd was up to no good.

Good Choices, especially Naomi Watts.On Naomi Watts, I think she also decided on motherhood and marriage, plus liking smaller films.On Elijah Woods, I think his height and looks hurt him, as he can't be ash a Hugh Grant type.On Shia LaBeouf, I agree and he falls a little into the Lindsay Lohan way of ruining a career.
  • Like 1

Haley Joel Osment seemed like a child actor destined for great things, but that didn't pan out. Too bad.

I feel it's a bit tough for child actors though. Children are more free and uninhibited. Then you go through transformative years and may become more reserved. Most children are cute and adorable but few can carry that into adulthood depending on nature and nurture.

• Like 2

I think it's a shame Ben Whishaw didn't happen and one of those cases of behind the scenes homophobia. It's not a coincidence that Whishaw (and pretty much every other openly gay actor) has been allowed to play a straight romantic lead in only small movies like Bright Star. In every mainstream movie Whishaw was cast either as a gay character or completely asexual (Skyfall, Perfume). Because god forbid a gay actor plays a straight character (like 99% of available leading parts)

Orlando Bloom looked like his career was going to really take off after 2004. PoTC and LOTR were big moneymakers but films like Troy, Elizabethtown, and Kingdom of Heaven looked like a promising base to spring off from in 2005 but none were smash successes and even though he's been in plenty of stuff I wouldn't say that he's in the stratosphere of the Hollywood elite.

Orlando Bloom looked like his career was going to really take off after 2004. PoTC and LOTR were big moneymakers but films like Troy, Elizabethtown, and Kingdom of Heaven looked like a promising base to spring off from in 2005 but none were smash successes and even though he's been in plenty of stuff I wouldn't say that he's in the stratosphere of the Hollywood elite.

I think he was fine through Troy, but Elizabethtown and Kingdom of Heaven were not.
  • Like 2

Vin Diesel - I really expected him to become the go-to action leading man, but that didn't really happen. I suppose it's because of the shift over the past decade to franchise everything, so at least he's got FatF.

He should have stayed with the XXX franchise also?

Reese Witherspoon. After that Oscar, she had the opportunity to become the All-Powerful Queen of Hollywood. Success is so fleeting.

Reese had a good run with some earlier movies like Sweet Home Alabama, then she crossed over into the next older level, where she couldn't play the young sweetheart any more. She also had to deal with a divorce and raising a bunch of kids.