Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

holdovers: -50% from 88M OW, that's 44M;new markets: Russia 10M; France 12M, Germany 12M, Mexico 8M, Brazil 8M, Japan 4M, Argentina 3M....and 30+ markets..

And how much will those '30+ markets' will bring in exactly? 15M? 20M?The OS weekend will probably be in 120M range.....And the 149M figure already has 10M+ from the openers. So the cume will be around 260M.300M is not happening.

will be much more than 300M, I'd say 320M+

No. Around 250M if not less.

I don't low-ball. I make most accurate predictions. :PI can bet my life that it is not touching 300M. :)275m maybe the best case..... if it explodes everywhere.........

holdovers: -50% from 88M OW, that's 44M;new markets: Russia 10M; France 12M, Germany 12M, Mexico 8M, Brazil 8M, Japan 4M, Argentina 3M....and 30+ markets..

Should get to $275m at least.

For a healthy shot at $500m+ OS, it needs to make more than $250m OS by Sunday. The Amazing Spider-Man after 6 days had $200m+ from OS alone. TDKR had what yesterday, $125m? For a solid beginning of all the new foreign markets and hold overs, it needs to pull off at least more $100m this weekend, since it's already at $149m OS. If it gets anything close to $300m from the OS markets, $500m and even $600m is far more reachable. Edited by Chris O Donnell

DH2 added 330M after 120M weekend.If TDKR does the same, it will be at 590M, and remaining markets can bring in 25M.So TDKR can definitely come close to 600M, even if it is at 260M after the weekend.In fact, if it reaches 300M this weekend, it will be looking at 700M finish without China!

Edited by Fake

DH2 added 330M after 120M weekend.If TDKR does the same, it will be at 590M, and remaining markets can bring in 25M.So TDKR can definitely come close to 600M, even if it is at 260M after the weekend.In fact, if it reaches 300M this weekend, it will be looking at 700M finish without China!

That would be unbelievable if it happened. Subers' $850m prediction wouldn't look so funny at that point. Definitely not expecting that to happen. I just hope they can get it released in China because the fans there should be able to watch it outside of bootlegging. That's not right how they were forced to bootleg the heck out of TDK just to be able to watch it. Totalitarian bastard government. :(

That would be unbelievable if it happened. Subers' $850m prediction wouldn't look so funny at that point. Definitely not expecting that to happen. I just hope they can get it released in China because the fans there should be able to watch it outside of bootlegging. That's not right how they were forced to bootleg the heck out of TDK just to be able to watch it. Totalitarian bastard government. :(

:( yeah, many good films can't get released here in China because of protectionism, it's very sad for us moviegoers.

Your government censors the hell out of Google search results and they won't even let people talk about the Tiananmen Square incident. Hell, they're probably blocking you from reading those two words right now.

Yeah, the bastards set up the Great Fire Wall to block us from reading many things, like Liu xiaobo the former Nobel Peace prize winner, you can't find a single information about him here in China. 80%+ people even don't know he has won the prize.Tiananmen Square massacre, the Great Cultural Revolution, and Dalai lama and all things collected with them are highly sensitive to the Communist Party.