Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

So at least 250 M overseas.

Should do another 60M next weekend. These next days are going to be absolutely insane for Rio 2 OS. I am still thinking on 300M OS.

Should do another 60M next weekend. These next days are going to be absolutely insane for Rio 2 OS. I am still thinking on 300M OS.

Easter holidays and it is going to be the only animation flick in many markets. Tis gonna be huge.

The first weekend of heat after Winter kills movies in Europe. Why would be any different in America?

Because the weather is not all bad in U.S. The weather varies from state to state. Unless there's a major snowstorm that shuts down an entire region, the weather usually has no effect.

• Like 1

This nice weather shit bothers me. Does that even make sense?Seriously.

Yes, it does.

I explained this before.  This is the first nice weekend the Northeastern US and Southwestern part of Canada has experienced since December.  So it does make people want to do other things besides go to the movies.  In the summer, the nice weather is a moot point because every day is nice.  But when you have your first nice day in about 160 days, people want to get out and do things.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 6

Yes, it does.

I explained this before.  This is the first nice weekend the Northeastern and Southwestern part of Canada has experienced since December.  So it does make people want to do other things besides go to the movies.  In the summer, the nice weather is a moot point because every day is nice.  But when you have your first nice day in about 160 days, people want to get out and do things.

In Europe, the first weekend with good weather after Winter always happens in March and always kills movies. 

• Like 1

April 13, 2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is doing so much money over here that I think not even the distributor believes. Theater owners must be in shock because the movie opened in smaller screens than Rio 2 and Divergent, and it is killing them all.

Edited by CJohn