Ent

MONDAY (04.21.2014) Box Office

Have you seen it yet? I know you said you were probably not gonna watch it in the theater. Just wondering if you changed your mind.

Nah, I'm gonna skip it in theaters. No biggie. I still wanna see Under the Skin and Only Lovers Left Alive. I can wait till Cap comes home to watch it. 

Nah, I'm gonna skip it in theaters. No biggie. I still wanna see Under the Skin and Only Lovers Left Alive. I can wait till Cap comes home to watch it. 

Let me know how you like Only Lovers Left Alive. Looks kind of weird but Hiddleston is in it. So...

• Like 1

Not bad. It's gonna pass Thor 2 by Wednesday.

Yeah.  The gap is now almost $34m and it going to expand.  Even during Thor's upcoming Thanksgiving week it only made $2m and $2.3m on Wed/Thur leading to an $11m w/e and a $186,705,086 total.  From then on just $20m more.

About a 25/26% drop from last Monday for Cap.

• Like 1

Let me know how you like Only Lovers Left Alive. Looks kind of weird but Hiddleston is in it. So...

My godmother (who is a huge geek) saw it and told me on Easter to definitely see it. I'll write something up in the review thread when I do. 

• Like 2

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $2.59M on Monday. Domestic total now stands at $203.09M. #CaptainAmerica2

He just keeps soldiering on. After the promising and by some accounts over exceeding tally from Easter weekend I was pushing the bar by hoping for $3m today. Still, it's a strong Monday total!!

• Like 1

Very good Monday for Divergent (650,000).  These legs are going to help Captain America remain #1 for a 4th weekend in a row with about 16 million.  The Other Woman is only going to pull in 14-15 million because the Divergent buzz is chopping away at TOW's target audience.  Expect Divergent to do about 4 million this upcoming weekend.  Go Captain and go Divergeint.  TOW is an outdated, regressive chick flick that Hollywood should not still be making these days.  Too much focus on trying to find a man and buying shoes/fashion.