Ent

MONDAY (04.21.2014) Box Office

Very good Monday for Divergent (650,000).  These legs are going to help Captain America remain #1 for a 4th weekend in a row with about 16 million.  The Other Woman is only going to pull in 14-15 million because the Divergent buzz is chopping away at TOW's target audience.  Expect Divergent to do about 4 million this upcoming weekend.  Go Captain and go Divergeint.  TOW is an outdated, regressive chick flick that Hollywood should not still be making these days.  Too much focus on trying to find a man and buying shoes/fashion.

LOL I still think you're wrong about TOW. Not to take anything away from Divergent's success. It's doing quite well. I just don't think one has anything to do with the other.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 5

I'm not sure how the Divergent "buzz" takes away from The Other Woman when it's entering it's sixth weekend. However, Kate Upton's bouncing breasts are sure to be a major draw with the female audience they're targeting!

• Like 6

I'm not sure how the Divergent "buzz" takes away from The Other Woman when it's entering it's sixth weekend. However, Kate Upton's bouncing breasts are sure to be a major draw with the female audience they're targeting!

That's been mentioned to him + it's not the same female demo anyway. 

But look if Cap2 is #1 (for reasons diff than his that I have) I'm fine if he wants to claim it was because of Divergent. 

But look if Cap2 is #1 (for reasons diff than his that I have) I'm fine if he wants to claim it was because of Divergent. 

LOL Go Cap. I'm with you til the end of the line Buddy. I would love to see Cap #1 4 straight weeks  but I would settle for a great drop and #2, lol.

• Like 5

I would love to see Cap #1 4 straight weeks  but I would settle for a great drop and #2, lol.

Yeah, if The Other Woman wants to put up a big number and win, that's fine. I just want Cap to have a good drop.

The good legs of Divergent (partially due to the chatter/announcement about Allegiant and the series being either a 3 or 4 film franchise) won't have a major effect on TOW.  It is true that it will be in its 6th weekend by then, but it will be just enough to give TOW only a 14-15 OW instead of a 17/18/19 OW.  That is all I'm saying.

The good legs of Divergent (partially due to the chatter/announcement about Allegiant and the series being either a 3 or 4 film franchise) won't have a major effect on TOW.  It is true that it will be in its 6th weekend by then, but it will be just enough to give TOW only a 14-15 OW instead of a 17/18/19 OW.  That is all I'm saying.

~20% is a major effect

Lol, no.

Divergent will make $4 million next weekend. It ain't taking shit away from any other movie. The Other Woman will live or die based on its buzz and the reviews.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 2

It is true that it will be in its 6th weekend by then, but it will be just enough to give TOW only a 14-15 OW instead of a 17/18/19 OW.  That is all I'm saying.

Check your math. Divergent will be making 3-4M next weekend. If it didn't exist, only a small percentage of those people would go see TOW instead.