CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

So base on Rth post, the highest it can go is 35M. 

Would 35M get it to Cap's OW numbers?

In theory yes - if it's Fri, Sat, Sun were to behave like Thor 2.

35 + 37.1 + 25.15 = 97.25

but not likely.

Brazil opened Thursday $3.2 million, the third biggest opening day for that market and 121% ahead of 2012′s “Amazing Spider-Man” while France was up 30% on its Wednesday launch with $2.7 million, plus a $2 million Thursday.

Posted Image

iJack must have bought over 100,000 tickets. 

Not likely.

Shame. I was thinking that this movie would make it to over 100M more likely than it would miss it.

Should still get a really nice Sat bump from family audience though.

I want Cap 2's numbers.

Now that someone's mentioned it, I kinda want it to open under Thor 2. Not sure if it's possible, because it would have to come in a little below Rths low number i think, but that would be funny.

Brazil opened Thursday $3.2 million, the third biggest opening day for that market and 121% ahead of 2012′s “Amazing Spider-Man” while France was up 30% on its Wednesday launch with $2.7 million, plus a $2 million Thursday.

Posted Image

at least it looks like it redeeming itself overseas. Early world in that area was originally looking worse

In theory yes - if it's Fri, Sat, Sun were to behave like Thor 2.

35 + 37.1 + 25.15 = 97.25

but not likely.

Thor 2 had a lower Thur (7.1) so ASM2 would have to have much bigger Fri-Sat bump. 40%+ instead of 30%

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I want Cap 2's numbers.

I'm thinking around 2M Friday is likely. That's about 150% bump, same as last week. Seems a bit generous with Spidey opening but I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Also worth noting that Brazil from 13-Mar-14 now opens films on Thurday (use to be Fri) weekend will be 4 days compared to all historical at 3 days

• Like 1

at least it looks like it redeeming itself overseas. Early world in that area was originally looking worse

It has held well in Korea too despite the competition. Now only 6% behind TASM. It's a decrease, but that's better than last week. Let's see how it will continue to keep up.

Also, it's doing very well in Hong Kong (broke the OD record there), a great sign for China.

Also worth noting that Brazil from 13-Mar-14 now opens films on Thurday (use to be Fri) weekend will be 4 days compared to all historical at 3 days

Thanks for the info. TASM ll will be ahead of TASM no matter what.

I'm thinking around 2M Friday is likely. That's about 150% bump, same as last week. Seems a bit generous with Spidey opening but I'm hopeful.

Maybe 7 M - 8 M for the weekend. That's a good drop.

• Like 1

It would need at least that today to get to 8m for the weekend no?

Posted Image

Regardless of how the film series goes, we at least know there's an endless supply of wonderful Spider-Man gifs to keep us entertained for years to come.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 2

Now that someone's mentioned it, I kinda want it to open under Thor 2. Not sure if it's possible, because it would have to come in a little below Rths low number i think, but that would be funny.

With a 32 Friday quite possible:

Thur: 8.7

Friday: 23.3 (32 - 8.7)

Sat: 30.29 (+30%)

Sun: 21

=$83.29

With a 32 Friday quite possible:

Thur: 8.7

Friday: 23.3 (32 - 8.7)

Sat: 30.29 (+30%)

Sun: 21

=$83.29

Hmm, yeah, I had my Sun as a 20% drop, maybe that was too generous.

Sorry you hated it, but I had a blast watching it. It's flawed, but it's really fun and I love the colorful tone. The action is also kinda off the charts. This film looked great in IMAX 3D. 

No, don't get me wrong, i didn't hate the whole movie, just some parts. I would rate it a 6.5/10...