CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I've already posted numbers, using MOS as a guideline, that shows exactly how TASM2 will make money. You're just extrapolating wildly from the largest guesses you can find and going from there.

Your including DVD, I think anyone is seeing this film is flopping though from a box office perspective Tele.

Watch what the trades will say, if this fails to make 800M WW.

Enough said :)

Look at this way Spider Man 3 opened to just under TDK or TA opening weekend in tickets sold and ended up nowhere near in gross. 

Spider Man 3 at that time got the biggest opening day on record even in tickets sold.

It then had the biggest Saturday on record even in tickets sold and one of the biggest days in box office history for a single film and it got the biggest Sunday opening at that time. 

The real surprise is Captain America beating it worldwide. Domestically, there was a strong indication that was gonna happen.

myth. 

also will open in 30+ territories this weekend.

Edited by a2k

Spider Man 3 is by far the most disliked major uber blockbuster of the recent era. 

I hate it...but not as much as I hate the Transformers movies and Shrek fart/burp-a-thons.

I know the GA likes those movies though.   If you want something huge that is disliked....wouldn't the Twilight movies be at the top of the list?

• Like 1

Huh? You cant base that off one movie. If SM3 was on SM2's critical level and SM1's "fun" level, it wouldve done $400M. Its quality would of helped it stand out from S3 and POTC3. With great WOM and a $151M+ weekend, no way it couldnt have reached it. $400M is only a 2.6 multi. With a 3 thats $450M. If it was good it wouldve done it, and Shrek and Pirates wouldve suffered from it. Since they all sucked, they all suffered,

The discussion is how much SM3 would have made with weaker competition, not if it was the greatest movie ever. That's the point of the IM2 comparison.With the level of quality the film was at, it was not going to get close to $400m. I think $360m is a generous estimation.
  • Like 1

It's a domestic flop. That's a fact. It will be saved overall by the OS numbers, but in a domestic thread we are allowed to refer to the film as a flop, which it is. It's not just about the numbers, but about the sheer facts that Spidey will lose to X-Men and Captain America. Rewind the clock back a few years and it would have deemed impossible.

Amen Alfred FTF  would get laughed at in debate we would have amongst BO  peers at still spinning SM2 reboot as a success..LOL

Hes a true fanboy of Spidey.  You and I we are fanboys too, but logic is logic.. Its the same logic why I won when folks were saying there is no way Avatar could do my high end numbers..lol

And guess what, James Cameron is going to wipe the floor with naysayers again with the sequel  . :)

• Like 1

Amen Alfred FTF would get laughed at in debate we would have amongst BO peers at still spinning SM2 reboot as a success..LOLHes a true fanboy of Spidey. You and I we are fanboys too, but logic is logic.. Its the same logic why I won when folks were saying there is no way Avatar could do my high end numbers..lolAnd guess what, James Cameron is going to wipe the floor with naysayers again with the sequel . :)

Please stop making shit up Kal and putting words in my mouth.
  • Like 1

Spidey 3> X Men Last Stand

I agree but only with some of the sequences..Lol  ---SM2 reboot is neck and neck bad with Xmen 3 in almost everyway possible. Look at the reviews of TASM2 to Batman and Robin quality.

Shit that has never happened either with a SM film :'(. If Andrew gets let go, I want to see what FTF says next. lol

• Like 1

Of course Sony gets the DVD revenue. Not only will TASM2 *not* lose money, it'll probably turn a profit (albeit a small one).

About this much (and in this currency)

Posted Image

• Like 2

Please stop making shit up Kal and putting words in my mouth.

You were a naysayer back then... FTF...No doubt about it... And Im not a pure illogical fanboy like you..Even BKB who loves marvel more than most and Neo and Mulder are saying this is a flop.

You must be seeing things from other Dimension to try and spin it  otherwise. I do agree with what you and FTF said between DVD and TV  deals it wont be a huge loss like other blockbusters, and it may even post a small profit.

Enough to continue with Webb and Andrew as the leads ......We will  see.

• Like 1