CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

It is a boring number. Neither a flop or a big hit. The only thing to take out of here is that right now Captain America movies are bigger draws in America than Spider-Man movies.

Based on what? TASM will still be bigger than both CA: TFA and CA: TWS. TASM ll will finish lower than CA: TWS but not by a really big margin.

Based on what? TASM will still be bigger than both CA: TFA and CA: TWS. TASM ll will finish lower than CA: TWS but not by a really big margin.

Based on the fact that CA2 in America will be bigger than TASM2. And I said right now. If you want to include the past, Spider-Man is far bigger than anything not called Batman.

• Like 2

Based on the fact that CA2 in America will be bigger than TASM2. And I said right now. If you want to include the past, Spider-Man is far bigger than anything not called Batman.

You clearly said MOVIES.

I really don't get Deadline. Their update is like, hey 'Our estimates are correct.' but without Nikki's TOLDJA!

yeah they are extremely insecure about their predictions and have sort of a "we told you so" in their columns.

gitesh pandya is cool on the other hand.

he will be like...transcendence came in well below my 25m projections and i was also wrong on other movies.

• Like 1

Based on the trend. Cap 2 and ASM2 will end up with similar domestic totals, but the ASM series is trending down while Cap is trending up. Cap 3 will receive a boost from Cap 2's WOM and TA2's popularity, while ASM3 will drop once again due to the mixed reception of its two predecessors.

• Like 7

yeah they are extremely insecure about their predictions and have sort of a "we told you so" in their columns.

gitesh pandya is cool on the other hand.

he will be like...transcendence came in well below my 25m projections and i was also wrong on other movies.

How can they even say it's matching their initial estimates if they don't even know how Sunday will perform. Plus, almost all have said that TASM ll will make 90 M - 95 M. They talk as if it's an exclusive. lol

• Like 3

Based on the trend. Cap 2 and ASM2 will end up with similar domestic totals, but the ASM series is trending down while Cap is trending up. Cap 3 will receive a boost from Cap 2's WOM and TA2's popularity, while ASM3 will drop once again due to the mixed reception of its two predecessors.

He clearly said RIGHT NOW. lol

How can they even say it's matching their initial estimates if they don't even know how Sunday will perform. Plus, almost all have said that TASM ll will make 90 M - 95 M. They talk as if it's an exclusive. lol

LOL we just have to wait for the official estimates. They should be rolling in any minute now.

• Like 2

And right now Cap will likely make more. What's your point?

That Spiderman movies are still bigger if we are just talking about the first two Cap movies and the rebooted Spidey series. Not the trend. Not part 3.